1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI + Mac OS High Sierra

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by docbud, Sep 27, 2017.

1. gcareaga

gcareaga Chieftain

I bought a new 27" 3.8 GHz iMac, High Sierra (10.13.1), 512GB SSD (APFS), 24GB DDR4. I figured I'd have to wait for the patch, but Civ VI runs fine.

2. kiwipeso

kiwipeso Chieftain

Civ 5 will be updated for High Sierra in the new year, apparently they are just waiting for Apple to approve it for MAS distribution.
    The workaround is to only run one of Gods and Kings or Brave New World expansions, as running both expansions cause the problem.

Some of the older Mods cause an issue with Civ 6 and the Nubia DLC, notably the older Build Production Queue mod.
    Don't forget to get the updates to your mods once you've updated Civ 6.

3. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

Still kind of amazed that there has been no word of the fall patch. Seriously, what the hell? Anyone know where we can register our displeasure?

4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Aspyr employees read and answer in the Steam Forums. Last news is that it may come in January afaik.

I guess they read this forum as well.

SirWill90 and Ondolindë like this.
  5. doolar

doolar Chieftain

I broke out the Macbook Pro 15" late 2013 fully loaded today to see if they've fixed all the issues after High Sierra, but no. The game is playable but runs really slow, it's actually slower than on my Ipad Mini 4.

A shame tbh that a problem like this can go unsolved for months. Luckily for me I have a gaming PC as well, which I usually game on. But the Macbook is my work computer, and its always with me on travel days/weeks and is my go-to gaming rig on the move. Now it's kinda gimped...

I hope Aspyr get this fixed asap, along with getting the updates and the expansion reasonably quick to the Mac.

SirWill90 likes this.
  6. Jaundis John

Jaundis John Chieftain

I am involved in music production so most of my computers are Macs... and never had much of an issue.
    There was some crashing initially, but that was fixed in last year's patch, and since then smooth sailing.
    I do notice that on older machines the game runs a bit slowly... which seems to be a function of processor and not of RAM. But it's a serious game and needs a serious machine to run it. I can respect that.

I am wondering specifically what people's experience has been playing Multi on mac. I have never even attempted it... but after a year of playing the CPU I think I am ready for some multiplayer games. Any advice on the best path to do this?

Thanks