Civ VI no compatible graphic device

MaxNear

Chieftain
Help this message appears when I try run the game: "No compatible graphic device found. Please ensure that your system has a correctly configured, compatible graphic device."

Any solution?

Last edited:
I have always played civ with my graphic card I don't know if it is above or below minimum specs. It's a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295. Now I get this issue. I've just bought the digital deluxe for $80 and I can't play it. Is there any way I can lower graphics settings or if not how can I get a refund?

Yes I have a video card with the minimun requirements, I use windows 10 with 4 GB Ram

Hello, I am having the same problem. I have an ATI FireGL v7700 with 3570MB ram. I can't tell from the specs if this is compatible... but I feel like it should be. Can anybody help?

Edit: I should note that according to dxdiag i have directx 12 installed....

Last edited:
Same problem for me. Intel HD Graphics 3000, was having no problems running Civ V as recently as yesterday (and it started up a few minutes ago). I've already done a driver search and I think I am current.

Sorry to tell you, these are business graphics cards that are optimized for OpenGL, not DirectX.
I have always played civ with my graphic card I don't know if it is above or below minimum specs. It's a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295. Now I get this issue. I've just bought the digital deluxe for $80 and I can't play it. Is there any way I can lower graphics settings or if not how can I get a refund?
I found a comparison with an nVidia GTX460 and it says the performance is 1.2% of the 460. Not good, the article benchmarks.

Hello, I am having the same problem. I have an ATI FireGL v7700 with 3570MB ram. I can't tell from the specs if this is compatible... but I feel like it should be. Can anybody help?
In this case, I found a 2008 article discussing the speed of this card. Sorry, but it is now way out of date.

I'm not sure what the components are for the rest of your system, but think you will be unable to play without video card upgrades. Please be sure to check that you systems can even take upgrade cards because the standards are quite a bit different. Thinking you may need motherboard and processor upgrade, so it may be cheaper to look for new or used computer systems.

edit - this site has a chart that compares video card performance if that will help you?
If you can build it yourself, this site is gold.

Same problem for me. Intel HD Graphics 3000, was having no problems running Civ V as recently as yesterday (and it started up a few minutes ago). I've already done a driver search and I think I am current.

I'm pretty sure the Intel Integrated HD Graphics 3000 isn't DirectX 11 compatible.

I was having issues this morning on one of my laptops. Here is what I did (Windows 10)

1. Windows Key + R to bring up "run" command box
2. type dxdiag and press enter -- let it look for digital signatures before moving on.
3. You should have a tab called "Display" -- click on that tab.
4. On the right side, you should have a setting called Direct3d DDI
5. If the value of Direct3d DDI is 11 or greater, you should be good -- if below (say 10.2), then you will not be able to play the game as it requires Direct X 11.

If greater and still not loading, you may need to fullly update drivers. What I found was that the lookup of digital signatures did enough to "clean up" the driver and allow me to launch the game.

g

I'm pretty sure the Intel Integrated HD Graphics 3000 isn't DirectX 11 compatible.

I was having issues this morning on one of my laptops. Here is what I did (Windows 10)

1. Windows Key + R to bring up "run" command box
2. type dxdiag and press enter -- let it look for digital signatures before moving on.
3. You should have a tab called "Display" -- click on that tab.
4. On the right side, you should have a setting called Direct3d DDI
5. If the value of Direct3d DDI is 11 or greater, you should be good -- if below (say 10.2), then you will not be able to play the game as it requires Direct X 11.

If greater and still not loading, you may need to fullly update drivers. What I found was that the lookup of digital signatures did enough to "clean up" the driver and allow me to launch the game.

g
Direct3d DDI 11.1. The driver is over a year old, so maybe I'll take another whack at looking for a new one if the game doesn't load this time.

EDIT: Still not loading. I think this happened to me once before with a Civ release, but I have no idea where I was troubleshooting and don't remember exactly what I did to fix it.

2nd Edit: I DO have the most recent driver for the graphics card. This could be a problem.

Last edited:
The rest of my PC is fine, I have a server chip with 24GB or RAM on a Workstation Alienware Aurora MB. Plenty of power, which is why I'm surprised the GC does not work.... but looks like I need to upgrade now. I figured since DX12 was installed it would be fine... Thanks.

upload_2016-10-21_20-45-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-21_20-42-47.png
    upload_2016-10-21_20-42-47.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 520
  • upload_2016-10-21_20-43-30.png
    upload_2016-10-21_20-43-30.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 510
To be fair the requirements are "2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card " which I have... I know its an old card, but it seems like it meets the req's:

upload_2016-10-21_20-48-51.png

To be fair the requirements are "2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card " which I have... I know its an old card, but it seems like it meets the req's:
Just found this, says it is a directx 10 compatible card.
Not sure where you are seeing it is directx 11 compatible?
Also, I cannot find anywhere the amount of memory that your system states, everything I see is 512MB's. Does it share memory with the main system RAM?

edit - the good news is that it is a PCI-Express card, so the bus is compatible with newer cards. :thumbsup:

I'm buying a new card now; but this is where it says directx12....

upload_2016-10-22_2-20-30.png

Hi All,

I think I already know the answer to this but if someone can confirm for me. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card but have recently updated to Windows 10. I am getting the same error " no compatible graphics card found".

I knew this was an oldish card and after doing a little digging I found that the last driver released for this card was for Windows 8.1. Does that then mean that I will have to buy a new graphics card before I can play?

Ps I can still play civ 5

Thanks

View attachment 456197
Look at the 'feature levels' and 'direct3d ddi' sections.. it clearly states that the graphics card only supports up to 10.1 (doesnt matter what version of directx you have installed on the pc, which is what the systems tab shows)

Top Bottom