[GS] Civ vi ps4 vs pc

Francel

Madam Secretary
I am the oddball who prefers ps4 to pc for gaming in general. If I buy civ vi and the dlc for ps4, how would my experience compare to what I am used to on PC? Would I miss out on anything other than mods?

Thank you.

As far as I know, the versions are near match apart from the adapted UI, so no, you would have the exact same experience on PS4 as you have on PC and vice versa. But like you said, you'd lose access to mods.

Gameplay is the same, but you'll miss on some UI features. First of all - no map search function. That was one of the best improvements of the UI on PC, but all consoles are deprived of it, although iPad has it.
Another nice improvement missing - expanded minimap. No diplomacy ribbon neither.
You can't highlight some elements of the UI as well, such as the top infobar, or select to view graphs for individual AIs in the post-game statistics screens.

So it's all about some UI features missing. And, of course, no UI mods which make life so much easier.

Oddly enough, I find it easier to deal with the AI in the godawful deal screen on PS4 than on PC, unmodded of course. Make no mistake, CIV VI UI is just terrible and a real time waster, and controller here loses vs mouse&keyboard on all fronts, except, probably, the deal screen.

Top Bottom