Resource icon

Civ VI Seed Pitter 0.2.0

Chaoskampf Studios

Chieftain
Chaoskampf Studios submitted a new resource:

Civ VI Seed Pitter - Automatically extract the game seed and map seed from a Civ VI save file

This simple program reads your Civilization VI save files and extracts the Game Seed and Map Seed. You can use this info to restart your game with different conditions or easily share it so others can play.

View attachment 459695

Should work on both randomly-generated and self-chosen seeds. So far I've only tested it on my own games and could use your help testing on other saves on other machines.

To install and use: just open/extract the zipfile and run the included "Civ VI...

Read more about this resource...

Is it just me, or the download for this mod doesn't work? I can download other mods from the site, just not this one, so I doubt it's on my side..

Edit: and WHEN it finally actually prompts download, it's instantly blocked by Avast screaming infection.. which I hope is false alarm...

Edit: and WHEN it finally actually prompts download, it's instantly blocked by Avast screaming infection.. which I hope is false alarm...

Yeah false alarm. Lazier antivirus software just blocks programs it doesn't recognize. Which is silly. Of course it doesn't recognize this, it's a brand new program!

I've submitted a request to Avast to whitelist the program, you may want to do so as well.

I recommend dumping Avast and just using Microsoft Security Essentials. It's also free but is much smarter, doesn't get in your way like Avast and Norton and others.

Thank you so much for this...no more endless pages of seeds, or going through the files to get the infos. :thumbsup:

Is it just me, or the download for this mod doesn't work? I can download other mods from the site, just not this one, so I doubt it's on my side..

I have Avast as well, nothing seems to be bad, no alerts or anything as well.
Spoiler :

9942f9e901e8ae578d8f672a3dbaa9eb.png

A bit off topic, but ironically, I and many others had to add the civ 6 folder to the exempt list in MSE to stop games from taking over 5 minutes to load.
That's odd, I've never had an issue with it with Civ6 on Win7 or Win10. But best of luck to everyone getting this complex modern software working together!

Except it doesn't actually modify anything, and isn't a component to anything else. But if there's a better place for this sort of stuff, please let me know!

You have a point, but it may be hard for folks to track this down, especially if they are not familiar with forums here. None the less thank you for your works.

Top Bottom