1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Civ VI] Super Settler (WIP) 0.01 2016-12-11

Changes the starting settler to have 10 movement. Can build additional after Mobilization Civic

1. uberdubersoldat

uberdubersoldat Chieftain

uberdubersoldat submitted a new resource:

[Civ VI] Super Settler (WIP) 0.01 - Changes the starting settler to have 10 movement. Can build additional after Mobilization

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Horem

Horem Chieftain

If you give your settler a PrereqTech and then a MandatoryObsoleteTech of the same tech(like Irrigation or something) it will make it unbuildable.
    You could also give it an ability that lets it see through features, or have double movement in forest or hills ect.

sp00n likes this.
  3. uberdubersoldat

uberdubersoldat Chieftain

Thanks Horem, this is something I'll look into. However, would it still appear on the tech tree, and confuse the player at all?

4. Horem

Horem Chieftain

It appears yeah, but cant be built. I tired the UnBuildable tag but that makes them act liek great people and you do not get them to spawn as a start unit. I also tried the -1 cost but that also doesnt not work, the same tech prereq and obsolete was the only way I could get it to work In ToT, but in that mod I added a tech at the start that is granted for free and linked the settler to that.

5. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

There's also a MandatoryObsoleteCivic tag. You could set that and PrereqCivic to CIVIC_CODE_OF_LAWS, which is automatically researched in the civic tree, so there should be less confusion I guess.

6. AzraelSorrow

AzraelSorrow Chieftain

Can you make it so the super settler also ignores terrain costs and can see through forest/jungle tiles? There's 3 promos in the scout tree that would do this, I just have no clue how to give a unit certain promos on start.