Civ VI update scheduled for Thursday, 24 September 2020, 16:00:00 UTC

Mine is still broken after getting 2 updates and restarting steam several times...

Now DLC shows but Civ 6 launcher won't work. Wonderful.

Mine is still broken after getting 2 updates and restarting steam several times...

There's a "Manage DLC" button on the right side in steam. Whenever there's a problem with newly acquired DLC, this is the first place to check.

Restart steam and PC as well.
----

I picked the right day not to buy the DLC on release. I might not be able to play for a couple of weeks.

Lucky me :p.

Entire Steam client really messed up now, won't even verify files. Time to go do something else.

Well the game launches for me now, but I get an error message that one of my mods isnt letting me create a game. I have all community created mods disabled.

I made the mistake of starting a new Maya game earlier, and now I am not sure if I will be able to resist starting a new Gaul game instead. The Maya game was really interesting, though. Basically I got a very good map, but was screwed over maximally by the randomized tech tree, with Plantations, the Observatory, and the Hul'che each at the far end of their own separate research branch in the Ancient Era.

Anyway, based on this thread, I am now unsure if I will be able to play the game at all. One more kid to put to bed before I get to find out.

EDIT: Well, the game starts, but the update is not there. Perhaps I'll just continue my Maya game after all.

Last edited:
Uninstalled Steam, reinstalled it, only to discover it lost all its games...and I own many dozens. Sigh.

Top Bottom