Civ VI VP?

thecraftybee

Warlord
I have not played Civ VP for at least a year after a long time of constant play. Recently I've been playing Civ VI and am starting to enjoy a heavily modded version and with the new GS expansion coming out tomorrow I think I will have a great time with that too. When VI was released I really disliked the freemium/mobile game art style and adored the visuals of V but now the graphics of V stop me from coming back.

However, the systems in VI lack the elegance and depth of VP and I was wondering if Gazebo had any plans to lead a new Civ VI VP once the DLL becomes available (not sure if/when but many speculated it would be released after the 2nd expansion).

One thing I loved about VP was the fortnightly patches giving me ideas for new games, but I was wondering if you think it will ever achieve the "Gold" it is striving for in all its subsystems and make a final release, giving you time to move over the VI VP, if that is even one of your goals?

To all the other Ps of VP, would you play a VI version or are you content to stick with with Civ V VP?

Yeah, i was maybe too optimistic^^', but they promise... didn't they :S?
Nah I don't think so. I wasn't sure where the "most moddable" thing came from so I tried looking it up at one point. All I found was an article comparing Civ6 advertising to 5's, with the modding part being in 5 and lacking in 6.

I have not played Civ VP for at least a year after a long time of constant play. Recently I've been playing Civ VI and am starting to enjoy a heavily modded version and with the new GS expansion coming out tomorrow I think I will have a great time with that too. When VI was released I really disliked the freemium/mobile game art style and adored the visuals of V but now the graphics of V stop me from coming back.

However, the systems in VI lack the elegance and depth of VP and I was wondering if Gazebo had any plans to lead a new Civ VI VP once the DLL becomes available (not sure if/when but many speculated it would be released after the 2nd expansion).

One thing I loved about VP was the fortnightly patches giving me ideas for new games, but I was wondering if you think it will ever achieve the "Gold" it is striving for in all its subsystems and make a final release, giving you time to move over the VI VP, if that is even one of your goals?

To all the other Ps of VP, would you play a VI version or are you content to stick with with Civ V VP?

I don't understand this: You disliked the art style when civ 6 came out ( I did too) but now you dont wanna play 5 because of the graphics? Did something change in Civ 6 (I haven't kept up with it since the realese)?

I guess a majority of us old strategy game players don't really care about art style one way or the other except that we want the game to run smooth.
Art style is more for marketing and appealing to kids.
Investing in art probably have a lot better return of investment than working on the complex stuff behind the pretty colours.

I purchased V after the last expansion and at the current state not really interested in VI.

Most mods for games (not just civ) are done by ppl who love the game or some parts of it a lot, I'd suggest that if you think VI is awesome look at how you could learn and mod it yourself or together with friends.
If a game is garbage, don't look for a way to fix it, look for a different game.

If you want a new great experience, take a look at civ IV.

(edit: a different word for excrements got censored so I replaced it with garbage)

Top Bottom