[R&F] Civ vi Wont lauch after innstalling on different driver. help

_ViKinG_

BERSERKER
well, as the title say. i just unistalled it from my D: driver and wanted the game on my SSD disc on driver C:
sudenly the game wont lauch. have tried to reinstall vcredist and repair. but no luck. some one know how to fix this?

Update: Just remove the thread. I solved it

Last edited:
Nevermind, I managed to get mine to work. I restarted my computer, reinstalled the game. I have also tried reinstalling directx components (some successfully, some unsuccessfully), and making exclusions in windows defender. The first time I reinstalled the game (on my HDD) it didn't work. This next time around reinstalling it on my SSD worked (although I had to do a full re-download, and each reinstall I deleted the files in my documents>my games>Civilization VI and AppData>Local>2K). I am going to try undoing all of the changes I've made and seeing if the game still launches to see if any of those truly were needed. Ok, I launched Nvidia Geforce Experience and made sure the in-game overlay was turned on, game still launched. I deleted the exclusions in windows defender, game still launched.

One thing I could not undo was the process of reinstalling directx and c++ files (although I never did get the c++ files to reinstall). I followed the instructions in the following video:
So that may have actually been helpful, of course that in conjunction with deleting all traces of the game (game folder + my documents>my games>Civilization VI + AppData>Local>2K).

I my last 4 hours of agony can help someone else. I have noticed a pattern with civilization games in which they often have issues with windows updates or directx or c++. I really hope 2K starts doing better...maybe I'll save some money and pain and avoid their next game.

Top Bottom