1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ with teams. Good idea?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by DrZpook, Apr 6, 2014.

1. DrZpook

DrZpook Chieftain

This is probably a bad place to post this on but I'll do it

I was just thinking about how you could make a game like civilization better and then a great idea struck me. The idea was that one civilization is 5 Players 4 are basicaly "ministers" and one economic "minister" handling economics. One Millitary "Minister" handling the military. One Foreign "Minister" Handling general politics. And one Science "minister" Handling and controlling science or Religion.

And of course the 5th player will be the leader that will be the leader and he can choose what the "Ministers" are allowed to do and he will also be the one that accept what "Ministers" propose. And each I don't know 50 turns or so there is a vote so that they can change positions so that someone else will become leader and also swap around "Ministers"

This would be kinda interesting cause this would give civ that choice with being a democracy or a dictature and let the leader do everything and the "Ministers" would be useless or the leader chose to go democracy and then the ministers would be a huge part of the game and if the leader would be a dictator then the ministers could create an resitance of the cost of the empire.

Well that is my idea just wanted to share it to you guys :)

2. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood King

Nice idea but not for civ. First is it just multiplayer or do you have to rely on the Ai ministers, what do they do that the main person can't overrule, if a civil war happens, what happenes to ministers on opposite sides, do you run the civ with 2 men down?

Something similar to this was included to Empire/Napoleon/Shogun 2 Total Wars but I think that only reinforces the point, not for civ.

3. OneRedBlock

OneRedBlock Chieftain

There was a thread where people shared one save file. They had an Economic Leader, Scientific Leader, Diplomatic Leader, and Field Marshal. I forget what the thread was called, however.

4. Bulldog Bats

Bulldog Bats King

Sounds like it would be boring for most ministers. I mean, if you are science minister and given a move, you build the science building up. There just are not enough simultaneous moves.

5. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

I think this is called "Civ5 - Democracy and team games" http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=473