Civ World Registration

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by greshick, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Venereus

Venereus This Is Streamlined!

It can't be worse than Civ V. Right?

Right?!

2. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

OK, greshik I signed up. We'll see what this is like.

3. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

This game smells like Civilization meets Travian, and then meets Farmville. :D

Of course, I'll never try it to see it, since I don't use Facebook.

This is a reason why I avoid MMO altogether. After seeing how much time my brother spends on Travian, and what kind routine it is, I decided to never ever play similar type of game. Especially since they reward mostly "drones" who have too much free time to be active all the time.

I prefer games in which I'm the master of my own time, not the game.

4. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

No. Its not even in Alpha yet :p

5. Willburn

Willburn Warlord

Edit removed because i have joined a civ players league team.

6. Sandmonster1989

Sandmonster1989 Knights Templar

I am looking forward to this game, especially to play it in teams with my real Friends and Family. I like playing the Zynga games (those are -ville games) because they let me play games with those people. I'm going to wait for Beta. Although, I do hope this game is all its cracked up to be, unlike some games we know... (cough, civ 5 cough).

I'm REALLY curious to see how they do game play, if its like most facebook apps that require you to wait so many hours/days to do something because I don't see how turn-based would work on FB.

7. Link

Link Scarves

I imagine hes been a lot more active than you with your impressive achievement of under 100 posts a year.

Moderator Action: That's enough, stick to the topic.

8. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

Civ on Facebook? No thanks, Sid Meier.

9. emblemfire

emblemfire Chieftain

hmm... a Civ game made by Sid again! on fb... well i guess it's worth a shot. I just wish he would go fix (completely redo) ciV already though...

10. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

Count me in, please.

11. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

Yes this is the brand new civ game that will replace civ 4 and 5 and fix all of civ 5's problems. The wait is over hardcore fanatics, this game will steal your hearts and make you forget about civ 4 and 5. Seriously this will be more polished than civ 5. THIS IS BLASPHEMY!

12. Samuil

Samuil Warlord

I`m in :)
    Anything with Civ I like :)

13. Cornhog

Cornhog Warlord

I signed up, but I'm really not expecting much. It's been awhile since Firaxis laid anything better than a cold turd. With any luck this one may be room temperature.

14. morlock76

morlock76 Chieftain

Long time lurker ... but for the application I acutally signed up ;-)

Ty

15. JLoZeppeli

JLoZeppeli Prince

I dont' use facebook, it's totally useless for my pourpouses ( if i need to keep in contact with someone, who i'm interested in, i use e-mail, phone call or other, and i'm not exibit so no need to post anything on it), so i think i'll pass on that...

16. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

Strictly from a gaming business perspective, Sid and Firaxis can't ignore the full spectrum of environments for their franchise. Civ 1-5 have made PC gaming history, and CivRev expanded the franchise to consoles. With millions of people on Facebook (myself included), it would be foolish to voluntarily stay *out* of that market.
    Don't be hating on the company for expanding the franchise.

Multiplayer Civ has been around since "Civ 2 Multiplayer Gold Edition", with varying degrees of success. Competition has been the norm, with some level of cooperation built into the game in Civ4 and Civ5. It will be very interesting to see where they go with CivWorld, since Sid's note and the details of the closed Alpha seem to indicate that cooperation will be key.

The implications are intriguing ... by forming a team that logs on asynchronously, you can reap the benefits of cooperative research without having everyone log in at the same time. People shared resources in FarmVille -- you could water a friend's crops. So, you could contribute beakers towards learning Iron Working? Or contribute gold towards upgrading a unit?

17. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

At least Sid designed it, and maybe it won't even require Steam to play!

18. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

What on earth makes you think Sid didn't fully endorse Civ V? For that matter, what makes you think some of the things you don't like about Civ V didn't originate with him? His games have been trending casual for years (cartoony Pirates!, Railroad!, Civ IV was even panned as uber-casual initially).

Firaxis is (more or less) Sid's studio, and he's responsible for everything they do.

19. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

I am agreeing with this. Having played (fanatically) the original RRT and Pirates!Gold, I was very much dismayed to see how "cartoony" they had become. CivRev is a cartoonized version of Civ and CivWorld will be even more so. Those of us that played strategy games in the 1990s are being left in the dust by those that want simple, quick, fast-paced games where it's more important to chat "OMGWTF" to friends instead of using comtemplative critical thinking.

20. Celevin

Celevin King

This. If you look at Civ5 and listen to Sid's speeches, it's exactly the sort of thing he was aiming for.