1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ1, Civ 5 and Civ Rev

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by stwils, Oct 14, 2010.

1. stwils

stwils Emperor

I have the best of all possible worlds. I love civ 1 and Civ I win plays fine in my XP. Also I kept my aged 98 and so I can play civ 1 win,civ 1 dos, and win civ with all the good music that comes with that.And I have Rome on 64k to journey with me.

Now for Civ 5. I hated it and hated the complication if something called "steam " and uninstalked it all quickly and was glad to get rid of it. Lots of graphic emphasis on civ 4 and 5 whereas civ 1 has integrity and a wonderful abstract quality.

Now about civ rev. I have an iPad and it is a lovely game for that. I love it. It is fun, short, and sweet.

So I have civ 1 in all forms for my computers and civ rev for my little iPad.

Simple. Good. And the best of all civ worlds. No outrageous graphics. Just good gaming.

Any thoughts?

Stwils

2. pickle

pickle Lord of the Preserves

i run civ 1 in dosbox, as well as 3 for multiplayer with gf and her brother. just got 5 and am enjoying it a lot. there is a heap of complaint about it but most games nowadays are rushed to the market and then they use the reaction to gauge what problems to patch first.

just been playing 1 for the first time in ages. got a city taken by barbs which made half my military disappear and a settler killed by the mongols

3. Synthespian

Synthespian Chieftain

I've been avoiding the civ clan for a bit recently. :p

However, I decided to come straight back at Civ I.
    I would like a go at Civ V, but it seems to be a bit beyond my reach and understanding at the moment.

Civ II I think was awesome, and I'm sure I'll progress "back up the numbers"

Civ on an ipad ... ok ... tempted to try and ipad now ... if just for that. ;)