Civ1 Contributor - Front Page News

Quintillus

Archiving Civ3 Content
Supporter
Howdy everyone!

A couple weeks ago I went back to my old soap box of "how can we spice up the front page and convince more passersby to stay awhile and join CivFanatics?" Thunderfall agreed there was opportunity to improve our curb appeal, and has welcomed the idea of up-to-date members of each Civ community being representatives who post updates on the front page (www.civfanatics.com). Civ2 already has such a representative, JPetrowski, who posted a Civ2 article last week (link; for now also visible on civfanatics.com if you scroll down a bit).

I think it would be great if we could get a couple members of each Civ community as volunteer news-sharers. Examples of things that might be newsworthy, either individually or in aggregate depending on the item:

• New or significantly updated scenarios
  • Multiplayer events - GOTM, HOF, noteworthy multiplayer games, etc.
  • Monthly/quarterly update of new resources; e.g. graphics or leaderheads updates
  • New innovations. Examples would include the Civ2 Test of Time Patch Project, Sima Qian's multiplayer tool allowing 9+ players in a single game of Civ3, the Better AI project for Civ4, and the work done by DarkPanda over the past decade exploring and expanding Civ1.
  • Roundups of stories and tales
Basically you'd be a beat reporter for Civ III, alongside JPetrowski for Civ2, and hopefully some emerging volunteers for the other Civ iterations as well.

If you're interested, reply in this thread (and perhaps here as well).

- Quintillus

(X-post: Civ3 C&C; Civ 3, 4, 5, 6 general)

Top Bottom