1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CIV2 Gold

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by klwinfl, Jan 21, 2020.

1. klwinfl

klwinfl Chieftain

I seem to have deleted / lost the CIV.INI file can someone copy & paste the file contents, or attach a copy of the file?

2. Konig15

Konig15 Warlord

I'm running an emulator version. I don't see a Civ.ini, and have no idea what's in that file, but I do have a Civ.dll file. Is that the same thing. If not what's in the Civ.ini?

3. Knighttime

Knighttime Warlord

@klwinfl I think Civ2 tries to create this file in C:\Windows (assuming that's where your OS is installed) but newer versions of Windows may block this and redirect the file to a different location. Here's a previous thread about this that might be helpful: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/heralds-setting-location.646500/

There isn't much stored in Civ.ini anyway, and I think if it's truly missing then Civ2 simply recreates it the next time you start the game.