Civ2 ToT 1.1

old_hand

Chieftain
Hi!

Short summary: help into getting civ2tot updated from 1.0 to 1.1

I'm Javier from Spain. I used to play a lot of civ2 here and in apolyton, and I used to post in both sites with the nickname "yaroslav". I was responsible for creating civ2dip pbem utility. Maybe some of you remember. me Most likely not, my contributions were not really that significant.

Long story short - some years ago I suffered some family situations that were not good at all, so I cut any personal leisure to try to help my family members. Fortunately, those rough times are long ago passed, and the situation of some of my family members is no longer a weigh over my shoulders. I got married, I have two kids, etc. .

Since then, I have longed to play civ2 for many years, but I did not enter the forums because I was ashamed I left the community without even a "goodbye" and stopping supporting my own utility. I think I have got the courage to get back to post about civ2, and stopping lurking this forum.

So first of all, I'd like to apologize for that :(

Then, coming back to civ2. I'd love to get civ2 tot working (I used to be a mge guy, but I see all the nice tools and the lua and the programming, that I love, are in civ2tot), but I only have an old rip that got me civ2tot 1.0 installed. For some reason, the patch to upgrade to 1.1 does not work (I think it does not recognize civ2tot 1.0 as installed because of a rip), and as this computer is a work computer, the IT department does not let me install daemon tools or mount an iso (however, I can play civ2tot without a problem in the computer, though, and I checked this with the IT department). I've my own personal computer, of course, but that is used by my wife for work. As we have two kids of 2 and 5 years old, and we are in lockdown in Madrid, which is only second to NYC with regards to this coronavirus disaster, the only hours we can work/play is after they get to sleep, and then I can't use my computer.

Anyway, do any of you have a list of all files modified by the 1.0->1.1 patch of civ2 tot? If so, can you pass me all these files?

Thanks!
Javier

Welcome back old_hand/yaroslav! :band:[party]

I remember your old nickname from times long ago. I had the same problems with patching ToT to version 1.1 (and many other civers had this problem, too).
In my Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles the patch didn´t simply recognize the Civ2 ToT installation, what blocked me for many month to use ToTPP until I used a very old laptop with a Civ 2 ToT installation, that I was able to update to version 1.1 and than I used the updated ToT 1.1 exe on my current Win10, 64 bit pc, so that I was able to install TOTPP properly.

Nowadays may be this post and its attachment can be helpful: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-test-of-time-patch-project.517282/page-6#post-13333152
TNO made an explanation here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-test-of-time-patch-project.517282/page-30#post-13878645

old_hand/yaroslav good luck to you and your family, especially in this rough times.

Thanks a ton civinator - that's very helpful and kind! So now lots of good scenarios to test out :)

Another stupid, unrelated question: It appears to me that most of the links in the scenario leage page are broken... Where do you download the scenarios from? The threads in the forum?

Do you want me to go over all the scenarios and produce working links for these items?

I think the answer to this offer is belonging to the moderators of the scenario league, not to a normal member like me. :)

Hi Javier, I am very happy that you have encouraged to return to Civ-2.
In Recourse Manager of Civ2 - Scenario Creation you have access to classic scenarios converted to ToT. The shortcut is this:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/categories/civ2-scenarios.79/
I want to give you all the encouragement for this confinement, until last year I lived and worked in Madrid and now I am spending it in Gijón (but I am very fond of Madrid and Getafe). I hope everything goes well and we will soon overcome this situation. Saludos

Hi Javier,

In addition to the scenarios in the CivFanatics Download section Gapetit mentioned above you can also find a fairly large collection of ToT scenarios on the Scenario League website located here.

Hi Javier, I am very happy that you have encouraged to return to Civ-2.
In Recourse Manager of Civ2 - Scenario Creation you have access to classic scenarios converted to ToT. The shortcut is this:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/categories/civ2-scenarios.79/
I want to give you all the encouragement for this confinement, until last year I lived and worked in Madrid and now I am spending it in Gijón (but I am very fond of Madrid and Getafe). I hope everything goes well and we will soon overcome this situation. Saludos

Thanks for your kind words, gapetit. I am fortunate enough that both my wife and I can telework, and both our parents and the only living grandparent we have are well. Let's hope that the situation stays that way. We have two kids, 2 and 5 years old, and it's becoming very difficult for them, without school, without kindergarten. It's also difficult for us to work with them at home. But as I said, we can't complain. I've already some friends who have lost a relative in all this.

I hope the situation is good in Gijon. We do not hear too much about Asturias in the news :(

Hi Javier,

In addition to the scenarios in the CivFanatics Download section Gapetit mentioned above you can also find a fairly large collection of ToT scenarios on the Scenario League website located here.

Thanks tootall. I need to install also civ2 mge to play some of them, as far as I can see. Many of my old favorites are there, including the marvelous colonies 4 :)

Hey Javier,

Would you like to play with me and two friends (one is from Santander)? I'm too trying to put my graphics on TOT which is more interesting because of the unlimited cities you can build.

Hey Javier,

Would you like to play with me and two friends (one is from Santander)? I'm too trying to put my graphics on TOT which is more interesting because of the unlimited cities you can build.

PBEM or online play? I have two kids (2 and 5), my main problem is that they do not get sleep before 00:30 :( I mean, when there was school before of all this coronavirus mayhem, they were sleeping around 10pm. Now, because they can't get out of the flat, they do not get tired, and they sleep very late. So I guess I'm not available for online :(

I'll gladly join, however, when we return to normal life.

PBEM, sure.

Thanks for your kind words, gapetit. I am fortunate enough that both my wife and I can telework, and both our parents and the only living grandparent we have are well. Let's hope that the situation stays that way. We have two kids, 2 and 5 years old, and it's becoming very difficult for them, without school, without kindergarten. It's also difficult for us to work with them at home. But as I said, we can't complain. I've already some friends who have lost a relative in all this.

I hope the situation is good in Gijon. We do not hear too much about Asturias in the news :(

I am very happy Javier and encouragement because two children at home is very hard. In Asturias the situation has not reached the levels that in Madrid or other regions; Fortunately, confinement came when it was not yet uncontrollable, so the health system is not saturated. I still work shifts, but in the transport there was enough space and it shows disinfected.
I wish you the best for you and yours. Cheers

I am very happy Javier and encouragement because two children at home is very hard. In Asturias the situation has not reached the levels that in Madrid or other regions; Fortunately, confinement came when it was not yet uncontrollable, so the health system is not saturated. I still work shifts, but in the transport there was enough space and it shows disinfected.
I wish you the best for you and yours. Cheers

Thanks for your kind words - I'm happy to hear that the situation in Asturias is good :) Actually, hearing that there are places like El Hierro, where there has been no new cases since some days, I am wondering if the lockdown should not be distributed differently across the nation - with some parts getting out of it earlier than Madrid or Catalonia.

Yeah, working with the two kids at home and connecting to the meetings is a strange experience. My wife and I should try to not have work at the same time and we always risk to end like this video

PBEM or online play? I have two kids (2 and 5), my main problem is that they do not get sleep before 00:30 :( I mean, when there was school before of all this coronavirus mayhem, they were sleeping around 10pm. Now, because they can't get out of the flat, they do not get tired, and they sleep very late. So I guess I'm not available for online :(

I'll gladly join, however, when we return to normal life.

PBEM, sure.

Yes for online games with the simultaneous option. No problem about the hour, I can play late. Can you join our group on Hamachi please? civilization/2
pass: civ2

Thanks! I was hoping to be able to use my work computer for this, but I think hamachi, as VPN software, is a no-no there. I'll try to get my home computer out of my wife's hands to install it :)

Top Bottom