CIv2's Double your Pleasure Mod. Does it exist?

T.A JONES

Deity
I got a shiney new CIv2 the other day before that I played Civ3 expansion pack type mods exclusivly.

I dont want a mod that just lets me play WWII or Middle Earth. I would just like a mod to make the original Civ2 better, with more units, more tech, buildings... whatever...(hopefully completed pedia)

I have looked hard before I asked and found only this Unit Mania Mod Is this good like what I want
Is there anything by other artists I could be pointed to that is even more geared to my intersts. THanks for any help a player from the class of the Civ chronics can get.

I have done my research and looked around but all I ever come across is hundreds of scearios!.

In CIv3 we have about 6 mods that used the extra space Fireaxis allotted to add building and units and advances, all to fill out the original Random MAP game.

I know it was the last xpaks that made it possible to add the most extras stuff to the standard epic. I have both Gold and Test of Time and Fantastic worlds.

PLease anyone, What mod was made to fill out this game to the fullest.

honestly, there is not much difference between a mod and a scenario except a mod can have the background graphics of report screens adjusted. A scenario can and most of the time does use the extra 11 unit and 10 or so extra advance slots.

I never tried it but it seems to me what you are looking for is the overlay mod found in the modpack downloads section.

honestly, there is not much difference between a mod and a scenario except a mod can have the background graphics of report screens adjusted. A scenario can and most of the time does use the extra 11 unit and 10 or so extra advance slots.

I never tried it but it seems to me what you are looking for is the overlay mod found in the modpack downloads section.

THanks for the try but nothing there I checked. OH well, For all the good that came from this game, it be a shame if there wasn't a stable service guy to help us late Civ2 noob replys.

The big difference in my mind that you seem to be forgetting is that the mod is the true random epic refined while a scenario is a small part or place in time.
Scenario in CIv3 atleast, is history played out from a limited timeframe. It may be a detailed scenario filling out all the alotted techs, but it dosn't play from dawn to finish like a normal game would.

I was looking for work that is similiar to what the' next Xpak' might have looked like. Using the extra space Civ2 made available I was hoping someone filled in the gaps over time to introduce new units, improvements and wonders. Mybe combine all the elements with the latest graphics enhacements and a updated pedia.

CIv3 has done this and the best one essentially is like I said make a 3rd expansion that stays true to the classic random epic while adding and refining everythere you possably can from the communitys portfolio

Civ2 has been around a while, I know the community has got this far. The problem is where to find this peak of 'random epic' evolution.

I just noticed 2new mods have ben posted at the Scenario League site and I think they fit what you are looking for. one is the Bow Tie Guy's Modpack v2.2. Its description says

This modpack adds more units (ICBM, Atomic Bomb, Terrorist, Airship, Longboat, Messiah) well as new advances (Christianity, Imperial Might, Mayoral Elections, Slavery, Terrorism, Cold War, Motherland Support, and Fatal Mistake). Cure for Cancer is replaced by a human cloning project while the SETI Program is replaced by the Union of Republics which is now available after the discovery of Communism (SETI required Computers). The three scenarios included are "The Garden of Eden" which is a fictional scenario in Victorian Times, "World War II - Europe" in which technological development is accelerated so that you can quickly access these new units and advances, the "Rise of the Roman Empire" where accelerated research and development will ensure that the Dark Ages will never occur, Final Fantasy III (VI), World War III in 2001, and the 20th century.

The other is a Non-proliferation mod by the same guy. I haven't tried them so I can't comment directly on how good they are but someone obviously thought they were good enough to upload to the site.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Category:Fictional_Civ2_Scenarios

Hey thank you good sir!. I did run into the 'overlay' after we talked and saw t it wasn't near as promising for what I am looking for like this new one you suggest seems to be.

That first 1paragraph 2nd post was geared towards you. I mean with Chronicles now wrapping up its natural shelf life Its peak time for new blood discovering Civ2(especailly with CIv3 players whi can't get CIv4 to run fast enough). Many of these people are used to mods that fit this frame I speak of like Sevo's and Rhyes for Civ4 and the Balancer Reloaded and Far Horizens mods for CIv3. I coudn't believe CIv2 was all about scenarios an no general overhaul mods on what the world plays when they take the game out of the box-random epics

ITs good that you have given us a chance to start are Civ2 expirence on a lil higher ledge then you did :) Remember us Chronics players arn't like those who hadn't seen a Civ3 graphics engine or its wide wonder and improvemnet array, especaialy in unit selection and flavour.
The older timers here saw a postive change coming from CIv1 while we are now being distracted from truly important elements because were rubbing the opposite way.

THis mod I hope will bridge this gap and get us across safty to the gameplay aspects where it all counts and I hear Civ2 rocks them all!

Take care man and expect many others to be silently thanking you and this mod maker for getting us started on the right foot

Top Bottom