1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ3 Complete is $1.24 on Steam for 48 hours

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by WildWeazel, Jan 3, 2013.

1. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

2. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Looks like it's still on sale, it's on sale for 33 hours from the time of this post. $1.24 is tied for the lowest I've ever seen it.

Although I suspect most of the forum already has it, it's well worth it if you are still on Vanilla.

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

:) Too funny.

4. gorillagogo

gorillagogo Chieftain

I actually bought this because my Civ3 CDs were damaged so I couldn't load it on my new computer.

Now I've played a few games and would like to go in and delete all my old saves but I can't find where my saved games are stored. I've searched my local computer for the filenames with no luck. Anyone have an idea how to remove save files?

5. Quintillus

By default, if you started with the vanilla Civilization III, Civ3 installs to C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III (assuming you have a 32-bit computer). I think it's something like C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete for Civ3 Complete, but I don't have that version, so I'm not entirely sure. I'd check those locations for them.

Also, the file extension is .sav, so searching for .sav files should turn them up. Note that some other programs, such as Half Life, also use the .sav extension for their own files.

6. Governa

Governa Chieftain

bargain! grabbed my first civ in that promo and played 11 (yes 11!) hours straight.

7. TomYo689

TomYo689 Emperor

I don't believe you.

Really wish I got in on that steam deal. I ordered a new civ 3 cd a month ago it hasn't came in

8. Danelius90

Danelius90 Hunter (of vegetables)

And I just bought Civ 3 complete for £4!! (~$6!!) if only I'd looked!

9. Civking5

Civking5 Prince

Damn, I missed this. I wanted to get steam copy of civ3 for a while.

10. shultz

shultz Chieftain

The regular price is only $5

11. shultz

shultz Chieftain

I wouldn't bother with Steam. After purchasing and downloading Civ3, it would not run on my PC. I still play Civ3 using a CD copy purchased years ago. It's just annoying having to insert my precious CD in the drive every time - badly wanted a backup copy. Oh well.....

12. WildWeazel

13. gps

gps King

Well, there are perfectly legal NoCD patches for the game availabe. They have been released by a German PC Games magazine some years ago, after the game CDs they offerd did not accept their own copy protection. I guess I am not allowed here to tell you where to get them. But if you know what you're looking for there's always Google...

14. Puppeteer

Puppeteer Emperor

Shows $4.99 for me. Did I miss it?

I have the CDs, but since I've made Win7/Win8 install videos and had questions about Steam I've thought about getting it on Steam if it's stupid cheap, but $4.99 doesn't break that threshold as long as my CDs let me play the game.

15. Quintillus

Yeah, this one was only for 24 hours. Probably will happen again later this year, though - maybe at the Summer Sale.

16. WildWeazel

If you add it to your wishlist you'll get an email notification when it goes on sale- that's how I catch these.