1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ3 Decade Awards Poll: LM & Overlay Terrain

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Anniversary Competition' started by Balthasar, Aug 6, 2011.

?

Vote here for LM or Overlay Terrain of the Decade

Poll closed Aug 31, 2011.
  1. Theodosian Walls by Kyriakos

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Fitted Irrigation by Pounder

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  3. Lighthouse Resource by Goldfool

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Cobblestone Roads by Pounder

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Zo-zo Work by zo-zo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. New York Autumn Trees by Balthasar

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Grassland Forest by Goldfool

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

2. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

Fitted Irrigation by Pounder ftw!

3. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

We really should have an AV system, everyone vote their order of preference and let this be calculated as part of the total. So many beautiful entries…

Balthasar's trees are so beautiful from a purely artistic POV, pity he didn't do any more work on that.

4. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

???..what? What more work did I need to do on it? If you mean the whole tree sets thing, I still research and match trees to the location of the terrain I'm working on. My whole Old West Map derives from a request made by Spacer One for a Northwestern tree set; it also features accurate plains trees, desert plants and bayou grasses. The trees I added to the Jurassic Park terrain are authentically Hawaiian, etc. etc. I could pack them up as tree packs if you're interested.

And thank you for the kind words. I was surprised to see this nominated, but I'm very proud of it.

5. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

I meant that there appears to be no more terrain except for the trees… As beautiful as it is, it makes everything look out of place. Unless you did make the rest of the terrain and it can't be found?

6. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

In New York (where I grew up) the grass generally stays green through the fall, so the base terrain needn't change, unlike, say, in the midwest where it's often brown by late September. If you'd like me to make some Hills Forest & Mountain Forest tiles to go with these, meet me in the Autumn Trees thread, and we'll see what we can whip up for you.

7. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

Who started the fitting irrigation idea, wasn't it some guy called Nessus or something?

8. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

9. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Pounder's win is well deserved. He probably did more for terrain modding than any other guy.

10. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Chieftain