Civ3 GOTM 12 Results Posted

thefrenchzulu

Warlord
The results are semi up! (No links yet)

GOTM12 Results

Would love Matrix to move the results to "http://forums.civfanatics.com"

www.civfanatics.com blocked by my work firewall!:(

One comment on the results! Congrats to Cracker. You outmilked me with 2000 points! I thought I was doing well. Will have to spend more time reaading your starting thread thingy!;)

Hmm... TF shouldn've made a news post. :rolleyes:

I'll make one as soon as my collage is over. :lol: (The second half starts about now.)

Are you kiddin'?

My failed Milking attempt got 14th place :crazyeye:

Are all players in?

I'd have expected a 30ish place.

Congrats for all especially Bamspeedy and Aeson.

Edit: didn't see matrix post. Guess it's not final. I'm 25th in Global Ranking (I'm IN THE GREEN

Wow, you guys got this one done fast.

Good: Got 2nd for fastest spaceship victory!
Bad: Kemal whooped my butt by 340 years :eek: lol (64 turns right?)

Originally posted by Matrix
Hmm... TF shouldn've made a news post. :rolleyes:

I'll make one as soon as my collage is over. :lol: (The second half starts about now.)

Oop's sorry:rolleyes:

Couldn't resist when I saw the link was up....

Would still love the results on forums.civfanatics.com

4th place and only 36 points behind third. I wish I had continued milking a few more turns. I stopped in 1977 because I had no more time left to play.

Originally posted by Serg
Where is my result?
Hi Matrix! If you didn't accept my submit please say why.:(
You reloaded far too often!

But I've understood there are some other high scores (including thefrenchzulu and Kemal) which the GOTM police haven't taken a look at, so the scores aren't sure yet. I don't know why they don't have them though. :undecide:

The making of the results really need to be automated! :(

Originally posted by Yndy

I'm 25th in Global Ranking (I'm IN THE GREEN

Just what does the color coding in the global ranking mean? I'm guessing Standard Deviations?

Originally posted by Matrix

You reloaded far too often!

But I've understood there are some other high scores (including thefrenchzulu and Kemal) which the GOTM police haven't taken a look at, so the scores aren't sure yet. I don't know why they don't have them though. :undecide:

The making of the results really need to be automated! :(

OK. I know my reload counter is big. But the discussion about that was started after I've played most part of the game and I didn't look at my reloading. In the future I will try playing more correctly though it will not be simple: I must play the game by many session (It's my regime of the work and rest).

I don't cry about my result isn't included in the list (8274).

I obviously sucked on that one but I suppose close to last is better than last. Right? Someone make me feel better. I feel that I'm 10 times better already though, due in part to all of the great strategy articles on this site. Thank you all for helping me to waste my time in a more strategic and resourceful manner.

Congrats to Cracker.

This is gonna generate some great controversy ! I love it !

I am surprised though results are published before the "GOTM Police" checked all the games !

What if Kemal or the FrenchZulu have the same number of reloads as Serg ?

Looking at the results : a space race in 1385 !

Wow ! I really do not know how to play this game : this is just an amazing result :eek: :eek:

Congrats on the winners !

Originally posted by Skyfish
This is gonna generate some great controversy ! I love it !

I am surprised though results are published before the "GOTM Police" checked all the games !

What if Kemal or the FrenchZulu have the same number of reloads as Serg ?

Skyfish,

Its not about controversy.

This is a balance between getting the results out in a timely manner, and checking the games thoroughly.

As Matrix said, some games still require checking.

Congratulations to the winners.

>>>> The making of the results really need to be automated!

Matrix,
If you need help in order to create Macro with Excel that can automate some taks, you can ask me because I'm working on this kind of problems all the days for my work.
So maybe, I can help you...

You can join me directly by email if you want!

LeSphinx

Originally posted by Vedder
I obviously sucked on that one but I suppose close to last is better than last. Right? Someone make me feel better. I feel that I'm 10 times better already though, due in part to all of the great strategy articles on this site. Thank you all for helping me to waste my time in a more strategic and resourceful manner.

Congrats to Cracker.

Don't feel bad My first GOTM I was 96 of 99 killed in 450 BC
I've improved to a fair to middlin 73 of 115.:rolleyes:
The important thing os to have fun ruling the world

Originally posted by ainwood

Skyfish,

Its not about controversy.

This is a balance between getting the results out in a timely manner, and checking the games thoroughly.

As Matrix said, some games still require checking.

ainwood, none of the findings from reviewing the games were changed in the results, it is a waste of time.

My first award, and up to 18th in the Global Ranking. :)

Congrats to all who played and submitted.

I see there's again some debate going on about cheating/reload counters etc, I think it would be best not to put up the results until all games are checked and proven clean, even if this means having to wait a bit longer, so to avoid having an "air of controversy" hanging around certain people's results.

This is especially so if, as Cartouche Bee states, any findings done by the GotM police will not change the results once they are put up on the site.

EDIT: corrected Global Ranking position.

Ainwood,
Don't get me wrong : I do believe in thorough checking !
I approve the "police" procedure entirely.
Example : reading Serg's posts and (Matrix's post about Serg's game) it is obvious to me that he was "reloading " a lot before ...
Problem is he is one of the best GOTM players according to the Hall of Fame and rankings.
So what do you do about his previous games ? he says himself "In the future I will try playing more correctly " that means to me he will finally play without reloading when the game goes wrong for him...no ?

Aww S**T. The GOTM police should check my game too; I missed this whole reload discussion.
I play domination style, so near the end of the game I've got too many cities to check them all every turn for imminent civil disorder. It's way, way quicker to save, end turn, note if any cities fall into disorder, then reload and take care of them before they fall. I can only imagine what this strategy will do to a reload counter. Trouble is, without it, I'd never have time to finish a game in a month. Too bad for me; I'd just pulled into the blue zone in the Global Ranking and was giving myself a hard-earned pat on the back. D*MN!!!!

Top Bottom