1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ3 High Score Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Thunderfall, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Beam

Beam Beat 'm up Scotty! Retired Moderator

Congrats with 13797! Sets another goal for the monarch challenge. What type of map you played on?

2. JFL_Dragon

JFL_Dragon Civfanatics Staff

Good Score

Ive got 3 submission games to finish off all on standard maps (Regent,Monarch and Emp) but no where near that score.

Again Well done

:goodjob:

3. wohmongarinf00l

wohmongarinf00l Immortal

this was a 5billion old, warm and wet pangea map with 9 civilisations. i'm beginning to like fewer opponents.
    i really think pangea is broken. when u ask for pangea there was a time u'd get one continent. the whole point is to worry little about naval transportation.

4. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

To me it is still the same continent if the Island is connected by Sea. Take Great Britain as an example.

Or Greenland.

5. RufRydyr

RufRydyr QSC Map Maker

Congrats :goodjob:

Must say I'm a little sad though. I'm in 1986 for a Monarch game with a projected score of 10k. Couldn't you have just waited a week? hehe. Guess I'll have to buckle down even more!

[dance]

re: pangea

I used to play continents but switched to pangea, cause when some civs are isolated they tend to grow without control. I've seen several pangeas recently that required 4 or 6 sea movement points to reach. Due to the way this game is set up, real pangeas are easier IMO.

6. Moonsinger

Moonsinger Settler Retired Moderator

Congratulation!:):goodjob: Next stop: Emperor level. I think I will start a new game at Emperor level with the latest patch - see you there.:) Sure, the map size is smaller, but as long as we are having fun, who care.:)

7. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

The wait is finally over....or will be soon. I will be sending the updated HOF to Thunderfall in a few hours....look for your name!

8. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

I sent all the updated files to TF....now it is a wait for him to update the site. :) Finally, took forever!

9. God

God God

Congratulaitions to all the high monarch scorers, and the guy who got 62500 points on diety! Nice job. Aeson and Sir Pleb have another compettitor.

10. SirPleb

SirPleb Shaken, not stirred.

Looks like the Monarch division is really booming! Congratulations to all the new high entries, great stuff!

Outchop's Deity game looks like a lot of work and a great game. So I'm sad to say that I think it should be disqualified. There's at least one big issue with it - Domination seems to have been disabled, so Outchop was able to milk a larger area than is allowed by the rules. (BTW I also see that cultural victory was disabled in it.) Sorry :( :( :(

11. Aeson

Aeson orangesoda Retired Moderator

I looked at the save game from Outchop too. 800k+ culture and all the land claimed. The rule page says:

It is still an impressive game, but with Domination enabled the score would have been under SirPleb's by a couple thousand. (rough estimate: 62500 * .66 = 41250)

12. Moonsinger

Moonsinger Settler Retired Moderator

Actually, his score would be a lot lower than SirPleb. Those temples and catherals, and coliseums make unhappy people content; therefore, adding more points to the score. In my game, I have to sell off all of those building so that I can avoid culture victory.

After having said that, Congratulation is in order for beating the Deity level.:) It was a good game; too bad it's not qualified for the HoF.:(

13. wohmongarinf00l

wohmongarinf00l Immortal

re: outchop's game - i see folks already covered this. i thought that 1.21f had somehow hidden some land tiles so i checked it with mapstat and it is 2277 tiles over the limit.

congrats to the two high monarch scores! my emperor score is still lying there untouched but at this rate not for long! y'all have fun!

14. Aeson

Aeson orangesoda Retired Moderator

Well, it can make a difference. In my HOF game everyone was happy anyways, without any of the improvements. Of course with cathedrals I could have done a lot more draft/disband rushing. Plus domination wouldn't make for 66% exactly. Some score in domination territory would have to be sacrificed to build up the domination+ territory.

BTW... never even thought about how much culture would be possible before. That is an amazing amount!

15. God

God God

Oh, too bad for Outchop. I hadn't downloaded it, but it looked amazing.

But even with the domination on and all, I'm sure he could have got over 30,000.

And you really don't need chatedrals and all later in the game while you're just wasting the last 200 or so turns. By then you should have tons of luxuries and in democracy and have luxury rate high, because why bother with science.

16. JFL_Dragon

JFL_Dragon Civfanatics Staff

Good Score Outchop, I really feel sorry for you that you didnt read all the rules and that it will be disallowed, but good game anyway.

It looks like Monarch is heating up too which is good too see

Cheers

JFL_Dragon

17. God

God God

Great, each time I move up a level the rest of the group does too. Started playing regent games, and Bam, Moonsinger and Bamspeedy come along. Start playing Monarch games, and double BAM!, even more guys playing on this level.

18. dikwhit

dikwhit Warlord

sorry god monarch is where its at IMHO. Still outexpand the ai fairly easily, and you start on a fairly even keel. Plus it lends to several playing styles, unlike emporer and deity esp. where early survival are the order of the day more often than not. Now the trick for me is to find time to seriously milk a game, with summer, tournie games and gotm filling up too much time already(ntm work). But as my monarch HOF entry drops i gotta find the time.

19. Beam

Beam Beat 'm up Scotty! Retired Moderator

Congrats to the fully new Monarch podium! :goodjob: :goodjob:

I'll be back!

20. RufRydyr

RufRydyr QSC Map Maker

:king:
    Finally finished my Monarch game with 10,104. Hopefully it will make it on the HOF before you guys murder that score.

I made some mistakes, though. Should have played Huge instead of Large. Also, there were some spots I could have done a little better, but there's always next time! On to the GOTM now...
    :rocket2: