Civ3 PTW Problem

Vegasgustan

Warlord
Hello,

Well, I was trying to listen to iTunes while playing the latest GOTM and when I tried to open up Civ while having iTunes open too Civ would not open. I got the spinning rainbow for a couple of minutes and then I got the error message please insert the original Civ 3 disc. Well, the disc is in the computer....any clues? Thanks in advance. Oh, this seems to happen when any other program is open if that helps, but all I care about is being able to listen to my tunes while playing.

I've no idea why you have the problem. As a workround, presumably you could quit iTunes until you've started Civ3, then relaunch iTunes?

That's an obvious thought that completely alluded me. What is that command again? Option or Ctrl what?

Quit? Command-Q, or click and hold (or right click) the dock icon and select Quit. Then relaunch it by clicking it in the dock.

Not sure why! Command-H just hides the application. It shouldn't lose interest in the DVD just because it's hidden :confused:

I know, very strange. It only happens with PTW too, if I am playing Complete/Conquests I have no issues. I have even tried re-downloading it and re-installing it and the same thing happens. Hey, at least it works. Maybe it is because I am playing this on an eMac with only 640 of RAM and a 800 MHz Processor? Then again, if that was the case Complete would not work. I really don't know.

I have a rather off beat diagnosis. If you burned a CD in itunes recently sometimes the CD icon stick in the itunes interface until you manually delete it. It's happened to me several times, and having that CD there can have some strange side effects on other CDs inserted or mounted on your drive. It's probably not this, but I thought I would toss it out there.

Top Bottom