Civ3 without CD drive ?

MRick

Warlord
I own Civ 3 Conquest, and I still play it often on my laptop. This game is the best investment I've ever made when buying a game (I think I bought it in 2004, and still playing it 7 years later !). :D

My laptop (running Windows XP) is getting old, and I will replace it with a new one. :rolleyes:

The point is that my new laptop will probably have no CD/DVD drive. I've almost no need to buy an external DVD drive.

But I don't want to stop playing Civ 3 !

How can I install Civ3 (The version I own is on 3 CDs) without a CD drive ???

How can I run it without a CD Drive as it always asks me for the CD when it starts ???

I don't like very much illegal solutions like noCD cracks, since they often come with trojan horses, viruses or other malware.

Is there a legal solution ?

Edit : I mean except for buying an external drive, which is the obvious solution but costs me some money but also some space and weight. I like to play Civ3 when traveling by train.

Here's an idea: Install on another computer like normal, then load the file structure exactly like it is into a flash drive and transfer it that way. I'm not sure if the game will let you copy it like that though. Worth a shot.

I have not tried it with C3C, but some games I just copied the whole directory to a stand alone HD. It was USB and I copied the folder to my machine.

I think I would just get a laptop with a dvd drive, I would think they would cost next to nothing extra.

If all else fails you can also get a Civ3Complete direct2drive download...

Edit: just checked, its also on Steam. Both sources offer civIII complete for only $5

Top Bottom