Civ3Files.com Ressurected

GIDustin

Emperor
Sorry for the "advertisement" here at CFC, but CFC members were always the primary users of my site in it's golden days.

I have ressurected my site, added a few new features and a new "old" look. I am in the process of trying to catch up to 8 months of new items so the site is current, but might need some help.

If you wish to submit your own civ files (or even others' files, it doesn't matter), get an account at my site, and go to 'UserCP->My Groups' and apply for the Civ Add Group. This allows you access to submit files to the site. Also, if you send me a PM here at CFC with your Civ3Files username, I will give you access to all the files that you made and were submitted previously. This will allow you to edit them at a later date.

I have not yet finished the ability to edit files, or add new versions of old files, but these options are in the works. I wanted to update the content of the site before the "behind the scenes" features.

- GIDustin

p.s. Civ3Files.com also includes Civ4 Files. The Civ4Files.com domain name was already taken so I couldn't use it, but feel free to submit Civ4 Files to the site as well.

Glad to see you're still going, Dustin.

Yeah, I was attending college and a full time job at the same time. I found out that the college course sucked for what I wanted to do, and I moved to Oregon at the same time and am now unemployed. I have some free time now :)

Dear GIDustin,

You have been such an integral part of the Civ modding scene for so long that even losing partial access to your site was significant.

I'm delighted (as I'm certain so very, very many of us are :) ) that you're fully back in business.

My Heartfelt Thanks,

Oz

....that you're fully back in business.

Not quite yet. I just hit a new problem. I found out that all FTP clients are limited to 2000 files. My CivFiles directory contains 6,748.... This sucks. :p I have to find an alternate way to access my own website. But I digress.

- GIDustin

More evidence that Civ's renaissance is upon us. We keep on getting boosts in the arm.
Its crazy Another month goes by Civ3 gets older but yet some new break or mod comes out or is announced and are future is temprarly assured to thrive full out in the face of constantly improving competion, that of CIv4and its mod team of course

I no its not real contest we should be happy for both blah blah ... Still had we slowed down months ago I think we wouldn't have had the steam to gain this momentum thats now put us in coast mod, im thinking all the way CIv 5 hits shelves. Thanks GIDustin

Yeah, I was attending college and a full time job at the same time.

Guess what I'm doing right now? ;) I still find time in between to do some civ modding, though....

^^ooo mr hotshot...:lol:

Thank you for this database GIDustin - i used it on plenty occasions when i made my mod. :)

(btw, MTG rulz ;))

I added around 300 Civ3 Units before losing track of what I have and what I don't. I think I may move on to Tech icons or something next.

If the unit creators could check my site for the files they made, and PM me links to the threads of the ones I missed, that would be very helpful. From today on I will only be adding units that appear on TF's front page news thing.

Top Bottom