CIV4 BTS Earth 18Civ Deity Domination with Greece - Possible!

Alex II

Chieftain
I thought I'd post this for those who need some encouragement during the long hours on this super challenging set-up. So... it's not easy. I had to turn off Culture and Space race victories as well as Barbarians, Vassal states and Espionage and have random seed on reload. The first few turns were critical, I had to move Athens north-west so as to block the Romans from taking that territory and then get enough Phalanx units ready to take Rome. In past games I took too long to do that and even though I still conquered Europe, it was too late to enter Asia by then. The rest of Europe up to the middle of Russia was easier. Invading England so late in the game took some doing. North America was easier once I had modern tanks (vs. their standard tanks). South America and Africa were a very slow jog of repeated sneak attacks by the AI and short heated wars. I did not bother with the left-overs of the Egyptians, the final act was an all-out nuclear war with China. China beat down Mongolia and Persia and almost wiped out the Arabs, the rest of the Civs disappearing was my doing.

Even on my winning screen, the Chinese have twice the army size that I have - and I have been building up this army right from the start! I had to go back by 50 years or so and reload older games a couple of times as strategies had turned sour and I did not want to give up. The main reason was stopping a war too early (e.g. when your opponent shows up with 50 units next to your poorly defended recent conquests) - the lesson I took is that you should persevere! My culture was strong and I reached Future tech 42 by 2020.

That's all, Deity and Earth 18civs on BTS is by far the hardest thing I had to do and I am a CivII veteran so that goes to show.

(Sorry for the terrible pics)

Civ 1.jpg
Civ 2.jpg
Civ 3.jpg
Civ 4.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! :grouphug::banana::banana::bounce::bounce::cheers:

Indeed, the situation looked desperate more than once, so it really is a case of perseverance. Not much fun though!

Top Bottom