1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Civ4 BTS on new M1 Apple platform

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by Obscuru, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Obscuru

Obscuru Chieftain

As title suggest, I would like to know if Civ4 BTS work somehow on this new M1 soc from Apple?
    I am dependent by Civ4, till now I used only windows machine and I have no experiences with mac

2. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

I don't know if CIV will run directly on the new CPU. However, you can install a virtual computer inside your Apple OS using Parallels or a similar program. Once you install Parallels, you can install the OS of your choice in Parallels and run CIV in that. For example, I run CIV on Windows 7 in a virtrual computer using Parallels to play CIV Mods, since most of them won't work on the Mac version. Although I am not using the new CPU, I keep getting notices from Parallels that the latest updae is availble which runs on the new CPU under the latest version of Mac OS.

Obscuru likes this.