1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Speaker, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

I entered the MP lobby this afternoon, and lo-and-behold, a new patch is downloading, version 3.19.

Download Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12576

Patch notes:

2. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

3. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

4. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

Can anyone confirm if this patch fixes the automatic OOS that was introduced in 3.17 when directly boating a city in multiplayer? It would be nice if we no longer needed to use a player-made patch to fix this, which has polarized the MP community to a certain extent.

5. alexman

alexman Chieftain

Yes, I can confirm that :)

Also, not listed in the 3.19 changes:

- Fixed loophole where you could use a Gamespy emulator to log on as any user
    - Fixed rounding error in main interface progress bars (research, food, production, nationality) where the last color was sometimes not drawn
    - Increased culture thresholds for no-espionage games, since espionage is converted into culture.
    - Hammer decay of build items not currently being worked on correctly scales with game speed
    - Fixed save/load issues with RTW mod
    - Reduced frequency of city liberation popups
    - Fixed spurious war declaration popup when loading a ship in the same tile as a rival ship.
    - Fixed strategy text for Jaguar Warrior

6. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

Alex, thanks for fixing that OOS bug, and the bug where the patch never finishes. Those two fixes are worth it alone for the MP community! We just found a bug in the lobby, however. For some reason, it is appending our names to include "TK-TK2" (whatever that means).

For instance, even though I am logged in as "Speaker," my name says, "Speaker-tk-tk2"

You must made a *lot* of people very happy, and one little kid very unhappy. :)

7. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

That is rather unexpected. I wonder if mods work with the new patch?

8. jbadams

jbadams Super Healer Scout

I echo Speaker's comments. This is a very welcome patch, especially the shutdown of Linde's misbehavior. Less than 45 days ago, Firaxis promised me that they would get to the bottom of it and shut down these exploits. I am very happy that you guys followed through on your promises.

9. miL0

miL0 Chieftain

I'm wondering if the new update is going to be provided to Steam as well? Looks like the update doesn't work for the downloaded version - at least the installer crashes on me. :(

edit: seems to be a general problem, not just for Steam users.

10. jbadams

jbadams Super Healer Scout

Yep, we'll need to wait for Steam and (in my case) Direct2Drive to release their "versions" of the patch. :D

11. Genocidicbunny

Genocidicbunny Bug squasher

Whoah, I thought Firaxis and Take 2 washed their hands of civ 4 a while ago. Guess I was wrong

*Goes to update*

12. phungus420

phungus420 Chieftain

Nice job. This is going beyond what most software companies would do for a product this old. I also notice that most of the fixes are from the UP or BBAI, hope that demonstrates what a practical and useful move releasing source code to the fan community can be :)

13. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

What about the diplo bug where you can't bribe a civ runing their favourite civic to change any of their other civics?

14. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Doesn't really seem necessary if you have BetterAI or the unofficial patches...

15. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Indeed a lot of the BBAI and the 3.17 UP changes are here ( not all, so i think we will have a 3.19 UP close )

Time to check mods compatibility issues , I guess :p

16. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

A pity that they didn't fix the AI same-continent behaviour with transporting settlers and troops (Huayna Earth Map syndrome).

On the other hand, I'm glad that the developers are still paying attention to their fanbase and are willing to use their work. Gives BetterAI a bit more legitimacy...

17. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

:eek:

Curses! If I wasn't employed, I could be home downloading this patch right now!!! :mad:

18. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

@ Lone Wolf

Indeed :( Or the lumbermill + preserve no extra riverside cash while onthe out side of a river bend.... or some other minor, but irking issues :(

19. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I won't be able to use that patch for a long time anyway, 'till the guys at civfanatics.ru make an unofficial 3.19 for the Russian distributor. I hate the Russian distributor, since I play my civ4 in English anyway.

20. twansalem

twansalem Chieftain

I had really hoped that if a new patch came out they'd restore tanks to their former glory. Looks like that isn't the case. Too bad, looks like I'll keep playing with 3.02.