1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS: Very Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by deyman299269, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. deyman299269

deyman299269 Chieftain

Embarrassing to ask this but I can't figure out how to get the downloaded maps that I have gotten from Civ Fanatics to launch in BTS when I start it. Working with a Mac running OS Sierra.

2. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Warlord Supporter

It's been a while since I fired up BTS, but I think this will work for you. I'm also running Sierra and the Steam version of BTS.

I downloaded the Gigantic Accurate Earth map and unzipped and moved to this directory:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond the Sword/PublicMaps

When I launched the game, I chose Single Player, Play A Scenario and the maps I installed were listed there.

Hope this helps.

3. deyman299269

deyman299269 Chieftain

Thanks so much...worked like a charm. After reading your note it seems obvious now, but I must be kinda' slow.

4. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Warlord Supporter

Glad it helped, and I've been helped by some gurus on these forums, so I'm just returning the favor!