Civ4 for Mac (OS X Lion) - no internet connection

wayopens

Chieftain
Can anyone please tell me how/if I can acquire Civ4 for Mac and play it without an internet connection? Will it require me to always use the DVD, or can I download the entire program onto my computer?
If possible, how should I proceed? Buy a Civ4 DVD-ROM from Ebay and burn it onto my computer?
Thank you!

Hi

There are two legal sources for the Civ4 Mac version.

The DVD copy requires you to use the DVD when you launch the game. I'm not aware of any option to avoid this, so if you have a Mac with no DVD drive it's clearly inconvenient.

The Steam version does use an Internet connection, but I think you can run it in 'offline mode'. I don't have that version, so I can't verify this. Perhaps someone else can do so.

Another option is to use one of the methods to run the Windows version on your Mac. The DVD copy of Beyond the Sword doesn't need the DVD once it has been installed. See other threads in this forum for details.

Hi

………………..

Another option is to use one of the methods to run the Windows version on your Mac. The DVD copy of Beyond the Sword doesn't need the DVD once it has been installed. See other threads in this forum for details.

If you go this route, be sure that your Beyond the Sword is updated to version 3.19. That is the last one and it is the only one that does not require the disc (for Windows only).

Quite right, but you should always ensure you are running the latest version of a Civ release.

Top Bottom