1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 intro and menu in Warlords?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mattigus, Jul 9, 2007.

1. mattigus

mattigus Warlord

I love The Warlords expansion to Civ4, but the thing I don't like about it is the introduction movie and the menu screen. There's something so much cooler about the original intro and menu screen for Civ4. Is there a way I can get the menu screen, music, and original introduction from Civ4 to play in Warlords? I know that Civ4 is supposed to be extremely moddable, so is this possible?

2. Enoch Root

Enoch Root Chieftain

I put the Vanilla intro in Warlords simply by copying the intro.bik file from Vanilla over the intro.bik file from Warlords.

Main Menu, though, should be more complicated, although I still haven't tried so I can't tell for sure.

3. Azander

Azander Fairy

The only way I know of, is through a mod, but this can be fairly frustrating, if you have to load it everytime, besides, you cant load any other mods if you want to use it.

Search throug the file database to find it, I cant remember where it is excatly...

4. Andraeianus I

Andraeianus I Warlord

If you look up the mod and figure out what it changes, you can make the changes yourself. At the moment I am playing Warlords with the original intromovie, menu music and the menu background without the need to load a mod and restart civilization. But sorry, I don't quite recall the changes that I have made. Copying the original intro.bik is a good start but for the other things you have to look into this mod.

5. largedarryl

largedarryl Prince

Well I did like the vanilla intro better, but I don't think it's worth the effort to get that menu in warlords when I will only see that screen for less than 2 minutes everytime I play.

6. CreepingDeath

CreepingDeath Chieftain

which mod is it?

7. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

Ya know it BtS you can choose from Vanilla, Warlords, or the 2 new BtS menus.