# Civilization 4 (c) 2005 Firaxis Games
# Created by - Jasper (Llotyhy) Stringa
# Made possible with the immense help of:
- niffweed17
- Jecrell
- 'Matt'

Leaders Mod v.1.2 (11/23/2005)

Features:

- Forty-five new leaders added (See overview files for details).
- The added leaders have still (not moving like the original Civ 4) pictures for diplomacy.
- All added leaders have their own traits.
- All added leaders have their own flavors.
- All added leaders have their own settings for aggressiveness, happiness with other leaders, etc.
- All added leaders have their own favourite civic.
- All added leaders have Civilopedia entries, with corresponding button-picture.
- This mod is only for English version as Civilopedia entries for other four languages have not been added.
- Some original leaders have altered traits and/or favorouite civics, to increase historical accuracy
- There is an optional Hitler-picture in the mod-files, it's made by 'Matt' and looks great, however, it has a swastika, so only use that if you're not offended by anything like that. If you are, just use the original one, it looks good as well.

Please enjoy this mod, make sure to check every now and then, since it might be expanded and improved upon soon.

Please contact me with feedback and your suggestions at:
jasper.stringa@gmail.com or with the same addy at MSN.

Or just send a private message on the Civilization Fanatics forum or respond to this thread.

Greetings
Jasper Stringa a.k.a. Llotyhy

EDIT: Working again... :)

Sure, here goes. :)

Attachments

• Leaders Mod 1.JPG
    Leaders Mod 1.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 7,267
  • Leaders Mod 2.JPG
    Leaders Mod 2.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 7,349
  • Leaders Mod 3.JPG
    Leaders Mod 3.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 5,332
  • Leaders Mod 4.JPG
    Leaders Mod 4.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 6,154
Has anyone tried it out yet? Any feedback? :)

are the LH's animated?

No, that's impossible for someone with my computer-know-how... ;)

i an not muslem, but having Muhhamad as a leader head is inappropriate acording to their custom. In fact it is a grave sin depicting him.

I don't mean that in any negative way... Muhammad was a great leader and prophet of a great civilization, I just felt he needed to be in, because he had such a great influence on history.

I'm not taking sides or anything.

And as usual: If you don't like it, don't download it. I'll make a note in the first post though.

userqwerty said:
i an not muslem, but having Muhhamad as a leader head is inappropriate acording to their custom. In fact it is a grave sin depicting him.
I'll second that and we had a very lenghty thread about this very issue not too long ago here. The thread soon became grounds for Islam bashing, I hope it won't be the case here. It's the modders decision, but you should be aware that this will make a lot of people sad and feel insulted.

yendorII said:
WOW thats all I can say about the above link.
Cool mod man thanks for putting in the work.

Thanks! :)

Tunch Khan said:
I'll second that and we had a very lenghty thread about this very issue not too long ago here. The thread soon became grounds for Islam bashing, I hope it won't be the case here. It's the modders decision, but you should be aware that this will make a lot of people sad and feel insulted.

I don't want to 'bash' Islam in any way, in fact, I find it a very interesting and beautiful culture, *but* I don't want to play against a purple-screen, which is what you get when you don't put in a picture at all... so unless anyone has an alternative, I think I'm going to stick with this.

Llotyhy said:
I don't want to 'bash' Islam in any way, in fact, I find it a very interesting and beautiful culture, *but* I don't want to play against a purple-screen, which is what you get when you don't put in a picture at all... so unless anyone has an alternative, I think I'm going to stick with this.
There is indeed an alternative if you are actually interested. It would be the best not include him, but since you are determined; you can add pictures/images of him with his face veiled as he was depicted in muslim sources, miniatures. Otherwise it's a good mod and congratulations.

Aah, of course, I should have thought about that. Thanks for the great hint, v1.01 will have one of the Miraj-pictures for Muhammad, expect it up here in a few minutes... :)

Thanks for the sensitivity.

I should be the one thanking you... ;)

Again, I meant no disrespect, I'm very sorry. :blush:

EDIT: 1.01 is up, hope we can drop the issue now... ;)

Anyone else been playing with the Mod and/or wants me to add more leaders and/or change current ones? Feel free to comment!

Top work, Llotynhy!

Though I almost fell off my chair laughing when Churchill says, "there shall be peace in our time!" - Crivens! The irony!

It's very, very appreciated! I'm not going to download it just yet, as I want to play more using the existing leaders, to get comfortable with them, first, but I will afterwards. Is there a limit to how many leaders there can be per Civilization? If not, could you eventually add Marcus Aurelius for the Romans? I see you have Augustus there.

Greek Plunder said:
It's very, very appreciated! I'm not going to download it just yet, as I want to play more using the existing leaders, to get comfortable with them, first, but I will afterwards. Is there a limit to how many leaders there can be per Civilization? If not, could you eventually add Marcus Aurelius for the Romans? I see you have Augustus there.

No, there is no limit. Now, all Civs have 2 leaders, except England, America, Russia and Germany, they have 3... Marcus Aurelius is on the shortlist for the third Roman... and I didn't add Augustus, I added Trajan, by far the 'best' emperor in my opinion. :)

Top Bottom