Civ4 Roll Call: Who has it?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by dojoboy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. bio_hazard

bio_hazard Prince

Yeah, right! We won't be hearing from him for days! :lol:

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Warlord

Hmm. I pre-ordered on June 18 via second-day mail ... odds are, my copy won't be among the first sent out. Oh, well.

3. meaghanchan

meaghanchan Chieftain

AlanH: I'm on a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5, with 1 GB RAM. It's a fairly new computer, just about a year old. And so far it's running fine, although I haven't gotten into the late game yet- I'm taking a quick break at 920 AD right now. Thanks for the welcome! I posted here a couple times on the Civ III board, but mainly I just lurk. The advice and everything here is awesome!

Oh, and bio_hazard: Not that it matters, but I'm actually a girl. Yes, I know, one of the few... But what can I say? The whole series of games is awesome. And I'm only posting right now because I have to balance my Civ addiction with my internet addiction!

4. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

The first step is admitting that you have a problem, meaghan... and you've taken that step. Congrats!

5. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

:hatsoff: Howdy ma'am.

Btw, it matters. Now, we've got reason to spruce this here place up a bit. ;)

meaghanchan is the [civ3mac] :queen: of [civ4]!

Welcome meaghanchan! :)

6. Theophilus

Theophilus Chieftain

I pre-ordered from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I must not rate very high over there--I haven't heard a thing. I mean, I didn't sign up for Amazon Prime because I wanted help developing patience!

I guess for now I am stuck with wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'. :religion:

7. bio_hazard

bio_hazard Prince

Ooops- my bad! :blush: And yes, welcome to the forum!

So how's the game look so far?

Unfortunately I won't be buying for a couple of weeks, until after this grant deadline is over...:cry:

8. ejday

ejday King

And C-IV now includes religions! You're in luck!

9. telekon

telekon Chieftain

My local Apple retail store didn't have it but Compusa did.

10. pdunaway

pdunaway Chieftain

I just got home with my copy that I picked up at the Apple Company Store in Cupertino. In the process of installing now!

Yippee!!!!

11. AlexandrNyetski

AlexandrNyetski Chieftain

not yet, though I am waiting with great anticipation ... amazon said they shipped today! and UPS says the shipment has been picked up from the seller's facility ...

12. Macintosh

Macintosh Warlord

German reseller Arktis will start shipping to customers on July 03rd., 2006

13. gfeier

gfeier King

Got mine yesterday. Thank you, Amazon. Preordered with slower free shipping, but I've learned that it can be the fastest way with a preorder since they use the US Mail and I'm near their shipping point.

Yes it DOES work on a MacBook (so far). Wonder if it's because of the lack of some sounds?

14. awb

awb Chieftain

gfeier: really? What has your experience been with your MacBook so far? I have a MacBook as well and was waiting for other's approval of performance before I made the leap too!

15. StP_Skooby

StP_Skooby Chieftain

:yup: Picked mine up yesterday (July 1) afternoon at CompUSA (Minneapolis) after no success at an Apple store. First game is fun so far although it is becoming noticeably sluggish (iMac 1.9 GHz G5, 1 GB RAM) -- enough to send me here to read what others are saying.

16. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hi, welcome! :wavey:

The other, and probably most important, thing you can tell us about your Mac is what video card and video memory it has.

17. StP_Skooby

StP_Skooby Chieftain

Hello 'AlanH', thanks for the welcome. My iMac has a ATI Radeon X600 Pro video card with 128 MB VRAM.

----

-----

18. Pharaohx

Pharaohx Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

Picked up my copy today July 3, 2006 in Bellevue, Washington. Had to inquire about it for it was still "in the back" and not on store shelves yet. All the CompUSAs in the Seattle area should have received it, according to there stockroom worker.

19. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

Just got mine.. just now. DHL brought it to the post office. I thought I'd have to wait two more days, but they had it for me behind the counter!

Installing. Hopefully I'll have exactly the same problems as everyone else.

20. ejday

ejday King

:lol: Good luck.

I'm hoping for completely new and original problems (dang, this is too smooth! What can be done about that?). Not holding my breath, though...