Civ4-Stories&Tales PBEM Redux: Tempus Rursum

Optical

The Fall of the Eleventh
Time to try again.

The last attempt at this - near the end of last year - ended in abject failure due to not getting past the first turn. In order to prevent this, we'll be having an (arbitrary) maximum of six players this time round.

The players who have indicated interest are:

1. Optical (New Zealand) - Ethiopia/Zara Yaqob
2. NinjaCow (Australia) - Russia/Catherine
3. hoplitejoe (UK) - Khmer/Suryavarman
4. Tomorrow's Dawn (USA) - Celts/Boudicca

This will also be the playing order (not finalised yet*).

I suggest a PM system this time - i.e. each person will PM their email to the previous and next person on the list, because last time I set up an email and put it on the internet it got flooded with spam :p

It's likely this game will start within the next twenty-four hours, or barring that, not until next weekend so get in quick! There is room for reserves though in case somebody can't play their turn/goes AWOL.

*I'm doing the list by timezones, working backwards. Any other people who join will be inserted in the list according to their timezone.

My suggestions for game settings:

Large or Huge
Big & Small, medium sealevels/whatever
Prince, maybe Monarch?
Normal

Settings?

For leader I would like Catherine/Russia.

I would like this to be Player vs Player rather than Player vs Player vs Computer or Players vs Computer or something like that.

I would like a land based map. If we are doing a random/sea map then I will need to change my play style AND leader.

Huts and Random Events ON.

Also, how does a PBEM work? Logistics wise.

Thanks for setting this up Olaf! :goodjob:

FYI, although I'm in PST, I'm usually still up around the same time both NinjaCow64 & Optical are.
As for game settings; Normal Speed is preferable, and Player vs Computer.
I'll reserve Boudica/Celts for now.

Oh, yeah, a vote for Normal speed as well.

Name slip? :p
Right. So basically, how a PBEM works is I set up the game, with everyone's names/leaders/civs and the game settings, then I play my turn. When my turn ends, I press 'enter' and the game saves itself in a folder that has the same name as the game, within saves/multi/pbem. I then email the save to the next player on the list (in this case, that's you NC), who then plays and sends on their turn.

And so on and so on.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Noble difficulty the default setting for multiplayer games?
I don't have too much of problem with Prince or Monarch though.

Noble? Oh.

I'll go with your judgement on that one Dawn, I really don't know much about MP.

Noble? Oh.

I'll go with your judgement on that one Dawn, I really don't know much about MP.

Yeah, I like Noble as well.

I really have to go pratice civ.. :eek:

Well, personally, I've been making the rounds with Monarch and feel almost ready to move up to (Emperor?) so I'd be comfortable either way,
but someone please correct me if I'm mistaken (Noble is standard MP setting).

I'm interested in joining. CST but I usually play my turns at night.

Oops, guess I did forget something in the OP.

This was an event organised within an SG, for regulars of the Stories and Tales subforum. It's great that there's interest within this forum but I would like to wait to see if any more people from within the group are going to join.

That said, we'd be happy to have you as a reserve or a full player if we end up with a free spot.

Sorry 'bout that. :)

Please, I can't do anything above Noble. :(

Also, there is a slight glitch that sometimes happens with Civ 4 (my laptop freezes until I force it to sleep or shut it down) but that probably won't be a problem because it takes 2-3 turns for that to happen. Yeah.

Well, how about we make a compromise then?
If we're all doing Noble, can we make this a co-op game like I've requested?
I'm not all too familiar about the last Civ4 S&T game that was played except
for vague details like 50 Vultures and all-around crazy warfare.

Sounds fair to me.

So we have a Big_and_Small/Normal/Noble, co-op game?

Well, how about we make a compromise then?
If we're all doing Noble, can we make this a co-op game like I've requested?
I'm not all too familiar about the last Civ4 S&T game that was played except
for vague details like 50 Vultures and all-around crazy warfare.

Sounds all right. Teams?

Also, THAT GLITCH HAPPENED AGAIN!!! :mad: I'm going to go need to talk to the Civ 4 tech support about this. :mad:

Also, does anyone feel like going on chat?

Teams means combined research which is a PITA. :/ Just agree to work together against the AI IMO.

Catherine is already gone :( Darn your starting this thread at 5AM BTS :p I guess I will be Suryavarman II of the Khmer (that is if there is unrestricted leaders).

In normal S&T games there only tends to be war between players when every other AI is dead, and I am a peacemonger anyway :p (it is only mosher you have to watch out for)

You mean restricted leaders? :p

Also, we should do Pangea for early contact + more fun.

No... pretty sure I mean unrestricted :hmm:
Also not Pangea!

Top Bottom