1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Warlords Info Center

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Thunderfall, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

Dude, you rock :goodjob:

Has anyone noticed the building names on the right of the Assembly Plant pic, 3rd from the bottom, where it says (I think) "Cothon" or something? Is that another new building? EDIT: Something to do with a dock of some sort? EDIT2: Nevermind - Cathage UB.

Yeah, a little less, isn't it? Mind you, industrialising will be rather quick for the Germans.

2. Prometheus_666

Prometheus_666 Chieftain

Anyone know the Canada release date?

3. Gherald

Gherald Prince

Cothon is the carthage UB: +1 trade route and costs +20 shield^Whammers

4. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

Ahh, that's right. I thought I had all the UB names at least familiarised. When I saw Cothon, I didn't recognise it. Oh well.

5. Sobsob

Sobsob Warlord

Aye not so great and if you have no coal useless also comes rather late in the game.

6. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

The confirmation on the Assembly Plants abilities certainly puts the Shale Plants +10% production into perspective.

@Paragon: If you do get a chance to, could you post a pic of the Celtic Dun (or just tell us what it does). I am specifically interested in whether it gives Guerilla I to ALL units (as it says in the reviews) or whether it gives it to specific units, ie, archery and gunpowder units. Thanks if you do. I wont be able to get Warlords for a little while unfortunately.

7. Jheronimus

Jheronimus Warlord

So Warlords offers 6 new promotions:

• Combat VI: +25% strength
    • Leadership: +50% experience from combat
    • Medic III: Heals units in same and adjacent tiles 15% per turn
    • Morale: +1 movement
    • Tactics: +30% withdrawal chance
    • Guerilla III: +25% hill attack

8. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

Hmm. I wonder if the warlord unit needs Combat V inorder to get the Combat VI promotion or whether it is automatically available.

I would probably go for Leadership first, in order to make promotions easier to come by, then Combat VI. I wonder if Morale and Tactics are only for mounted warlords?

9. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

I'm indifferent as to whether you are overwhelmed, but it sounds pretty reasonable to me.

10. Gherald

Gherald Prince

I seriously doubt it. Remember in Civ3 making an army gives +1 movement? Same idea here.

11. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

Me too. 2 extra Engineers plus the abiltiy to build them 50% faster, I still quite like the Assembly Plant.

12. Brancaleone

Brancaleone Warlord

Are the Dutch in the xpac, as some1 said in another topic..?

13. abman

abman Chieftain

I'll believe the dutch when I see a pic of the leaderhead.
    I will be interested to muck through the files and see if there is any unused art hidden in it like there was in vanilla. That could prove very useful.
    Here's to hoping Amazon ships preorders in reverse order, as I just ordered mine yesterday and hope it ships today!

14. aileenguan

aileenguan Chieftain

welcome to China!!!

15. RMF

RMF Chieftain

Hi Everybody,

I live in the UK and bought CIV there. But now I am in the US for two weeks. Can I buy Warlords here and take it back to the UK with me? (Well, obviously I CAN, but will it work properly?)

16. JohnYoga

JohnYoga Prince

Hello Folks.

Can I play as the Barbarians civ in Single Player and Multiplayer modes, outside of being in a scenario?

Thank you for your help!

John

17. Ex Mudder

Ex Mudder Warlord

I'm confused.

The Great Wall grants you a wall around your cultural borders at the time it is constructed that Barbarians can't pass. But the +100% GG points occur if the combat takes place within your current cultural borders? Not just the area surrounded by the Great Wall?

Well, that's nice... There has to be a way to use a Great Artist to exploit that.

May I request a Great Wall Screenie?

And to womever pointed it out - good spot on Stonehenge and Charismatic losing free monument / happiness once it goes out of style. Egyptians will have a similar problem if they rely on Stonehenge instead of building Obelisks.

I like that they are now using fractions. Makes more sense, and makes the +10% commerce of the Mint more obviously useful. You don't have to hope the rounding gods are smiling on you.

Does the mint add +10% total commerce, or +10% gold production? Or have we mixed up the terms gold and commerce? I like the Cothon, because it boosts total revenues (extra trade route, +50% trade route income) and that can be used for money or research as needed. Markets only increase gold production, so they aren't useful if you're running at 100% science in the early game.

From yor description, it must be gold production. Total revenue seems to be in whole numbers - making it in fractions would just see you with fractions of fractions.

A screenshot of a city with a harbor would help us determine if there are any trade routes yielding 1.5 or 4.5 gold in the game.

18. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

19. Gherald

Gherald Prince

oh, nevermind

20. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity