Civ4BeyondtheSword.tmp.pdb not Loaded.

1SDANi

Sister Lady
I've recently have been getting a crash at the end of a turn from a specific save I got from an user that, when run through a debug dll, notifies me that Civ4BeyondtheSword.tmp.pdb is not loaded and instructs me to change existing pdb and binary search paths. I've tried to look for anything that could help me figure out where in the code the crash originates, but so far I've had no luck. It also leaves the following error in the output:

Code:
First-chance exception at 0x0069DA34 in Civ4BeyondSword.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000008.
Unhandled exception at 0x0069DA34 in Civ4BeyondSword.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000008.

My normal approach is to compile the debug DLL myself and then either start the game with the debugger attached or attach the debugger to a running game. Whenever I do this, it will figure out how to load the pdb file with no extra setup. I don't really get the idea of distributed pdb files as I never managed to get them to work correctly and if you have a debugger, you can compile yourself.

My normal approach is to compile the debug DLL myself and then either start the game with the debugger attached or attach the debugger to a running game. Whenever I do this, it will figure out how to load the pdb file with no extra setup. I don't really get the idea of distributed pdb files as I never managed to get them to work correctly and if you have a debugger, you can compile yourself.
I am indeed attaching Visual Studio. I'm getting that error from VS when the crash occurs.

You should compile the DEBUG dll file and then attach when you use that one. This approach usually works flawlessly.
As I said, I'm crashing when I debug using the DEBUG dll file attached. The error above is from the attached DEBUG dll file.

Top Bottom