CIV4BonusInfos

Mesix

The Allfather
Where do I find the CIV4BonusInfos.xml in BTS?

I started out a mod by deleting late game techs one at a time. I was also deleting (or modifying) units, buildings, events, etc. that had a prereq or obsolete tag associated with each tech as I deleted them. It worked out well until I got to Plastics.

The problem with Plastics is that it obsoletes the Fur resource. The Fur resource (and other bonus types) are defined in CIV4BonusInfos.xml. In Vanila, this file is located in the Asssets/XML/Terrain folder. In the BTS directory this folder does not have a file named CIV4BonusInfos.xml. I tried copying the Vanila version of this file into my Mod directory and it turns out that there are changes in BTS to the xml for bonus resources that cause a lot of errors when using the older file.

Does anyone know where I can find the proper Terrain/CIV4BonusInfos.xml file for BTS?

Thanks for the quick reply.

BTS does not require Warlords to install. I own Warlords, but I have not installed it since buying this laptop. BTS loads this info from somewhere, but it is not the Vanila version, and Warlords is not installed on my machine.

Someone please help.

BTS does not require Warlords to install. I own Warlords, but I have not installed it since buying this laptop. BTS loads this info from somewhere, but it is not the Vanila version, and Warlords is not installed on my machine.

Someone please help.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but you can always use the bonusinfo file found in the Next War mod which is identical to the one found in Warlords and the one loaded by BTS.

I hadn't tried the Next War mod. I had looked in the Gods of Old mod since it should also be the same, but the file was missing. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks.

Someone please help.

I think that you will find that the BTS install also made a Warlords folder - where you will find what you are looking for.

Someone please help.

It doesn't matter if you have Warlords installed or not, BtS contains all the data Warlords does. So you should still have a Warlords folder in your game directory, and you'll find the BonusInfo file in there.

Yeah, I found the Warlords directory a little further down the list when I checked again. Once I copied the file from there it worked like a champ.

So far, I have a mod with only one playable civ, missing half of the tech tree and 2/3 of the units from the original game. Not very exciting yet, but it is torn down and ready to build back up with new content now.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Top Bottom