Civ5 and chess

nishant1911

*hugs*
so now no more than one unit can occupy a given tile at a time.
so i was wondering whether we can make a civ5 version of this

constant battle in a chess like map with a twist of hills and coast.
civ5 version will be hexagonal ofcourse. ;)
probably could make up for a nice scenario.what do you think?

Civ 5 is played on a hex map. Every direction is a straight line, there is no concept of horizontal/vertical/diagonal. So bishops, rooks and queens move the same way. Knight movement is also messed up. What is the equivalent of an L shape 3-2 in a hex map? No idea.

...i have a better picture...

Spoiler :

...sad, i didn't have the chance yet (since 3/4 of a year, or so :rolleyes:) to deal with the AI.

But for Civ5, i don't see a chance for chess, just because of the hexes.
The engine will sure not allow a change to quadrats, and how can you play chess on anything else? You can't, easy answer.

More importantly, why?

You're looking at the 7th row, not the 8th.

The black queen is on a white square to the right of the black king (the one with the big shield). The queen should be on the left, on the black square, the king should on the white square on the right side of the board.

I think you are looking at the white side (top) and not reversing your POV since the player on that side would be facing you and thus have their right-left reversed.

The black queen is on a white square to the right of the black king (the one with the big shield). The queen should be on the left, on the black square, the king should on the white square on the right side of the board.

I think you are looking at the white side (top) and not reversing your POV since the player on that side would be facing you and thus have their right-left reversed.

The Queen should be on the right of the King, not to the left. Look, I played chess at national level for a number of years, I know what a chess board looks like.

This would be a great mod, and an even better temporary diversion from the main game.

Top Bottom