1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5: Brave New World Fall Patch Released

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Camikaze, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

The long-awaited Fall Patch for Civilization 5: Brave New World has been released, featuring extensive balance changes, bug fixes, and even some new content. The final patch notes are as follows (from the 2K forums):

Spoiler :

The release of the Fall Patch comes two weeks after the start of the public beta for the patch, a new experience for the Civ5 development team during which a number of bugs were identified by Civfanatics members. Thanks to all those who participated!

And many thanks to Dennis Shirk for giving us the heads up on the patch release, and for his constant interaction with the community over the last couple of weeks. :)

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

3. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Chieftain

Two Questions-(1) will the patch automatically install via Steam when I next load the game? (2) will the patch "break" existing save games?

Aussie.

4. RadamZee

RadamZee Chieftain

I don't have internet at home at the moment, so I'd like to be able to download the patch on my work computer and bring it home on my thumb drive. If anybody could help me with this I would really appreciate it!

5. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

1. Normally if you have Steam in online it will download itself automatically.

2. If you didn't participate in the Beta but had reached the Information Era, you may be caught off guard to the changes increasing requirements for Diplomatic Victory and an increase in both hammer and money cost for space ship parts for Science Victory.

In addition, in the same ongoing game minor one time effects from AI flavors being modified. (AIs catching up science too its new flavor; and if the AI had settler in route somewhere it may change its mind about where to send it.)

6. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Chieftain

Thanks for the info. I'm currently still in the Middle Ages, so it doesn't sound like my current game will be overly impacted....which is good, as I'm *really* enjoying it :).

Aussie.

7. plastiqe

plastiqe Grinch

Seems to me that this is much bigger than comparable Civ IV BTS patches; that could just be Civ V had more things needing changes. Here's where you need TMNT to tell you what's what. : P

It's really nice to see open community involvement in the patching process. Bravo Firaxis.

8. Crimson13

Crimson13 Chieftain

Edit: Nevermind, everything went back to normal. Sorry about that.

9. Muskie

Muskie Chieftain

I tried getting this, but despite connecting to Steam multiple times, I don't see any changes to Germany. I just restarted the game again. Is the patch not yet available for Mac users?

I wrote down the version number I currently have: 1.0.3.80 (113324).

When will Mac users get the patch?

10. GaelicWarrior

GaelicWarrior Chieftain

Probably 4-6 weeks thanks to Aspyr.

11. Quineloe

Quineloe Chieftain

I have to say I'm fairly disappointed that the multiplayer bug on hybrid that allows barbarians to move first on a turn and allows them to instantly move and attack with units that didn't exist last turn is still in the game.

12. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

What. And Bushido's additional effects aren't versatile enough.

Other than that, pretty good changes. Interesting that Dominant civs are greeted as liberators. Looks like there's another civ vying for City States. And Consulates isn't a no-brainer policy anymore.

13. matthewbarr

matthewbarr Chieftain

Hi there,

I hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere, but does buying the G&K and BNW DLC (and downloading associated patches) make internet multiplayer playable? Just tried a game with my borther for the first time in 3 years and it's still unplayably laggy. He has all the DLC but I don't. I'd buy it if it fixed MP! Quite disappointed to discover it hadn't been fixed in the vanilla game in the years since release. :(

Cheers,

Matt

14. Luis_Ah_Hoy

Luis_Ah_Hoy Chieftain

Is there any working link to download this patch and install it on another PC, instead of using Steam?

15. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

No, there is not.