Civ5 bsod while on DX10/11

nicolas

Chieftain
Hello all,

I was playing the tutorial (learn as you play) using DX10/11 last night and after about 20 min the game screen suddenly became a white screen with vertical lines. Then the monitor started to flash between a black screen and the desktop and finally I saw a bsod message and the PC rebooted.

I have a lot of PC games and I've never seen a bsod before on my PC. Has anyone experienced the above?

BTW I'm running ATI 5870 (10.9 w/o hotfix).

I had a similar Crash as you with my 4890 in CF but the graphics went like a static type flash with color and the pc rebooted. The video drivers crashed from my understanding. I have to use the DX9 until they get the problem fixed myself. But overall same type of problem. Happens about 20-40 turns every time even from a save. This is with the DX10/11 of course.

Thanks for the quick reply! That's what I think as well. I'm fine with DX9 but I hope Firaxis/2K releases a patch soon so I can go back and play on DX10/11.

Symptoms sound similar to the problem I had with running Batman: Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2 - try underclocking the GPU core in 50MHz increments.

Not sure if it is the same issue, but I got just a black screen an my monitor went into sleep mode (as if I unplugged the cable/turned off the PC). It was like my Video Card stopped working. I have an ATI HD 3870, with the most recent drivers (or at least as of Monday).

Turns out it is overheating on my issue. It was going to 115 degrees Celsius and crashing to avoid damage to card.

Top Bottom