Civ5 Charity Promotion?

Maniacal

the green Napoleon
Just had a steam update that consisted of (and made me restart steam) just this:

Steam Added support for Civilization V charity promotion (not visible until Civ5's launch)

I wonder what this will be? Whatever it is, I'm interested and looking forward to it.

Though hopefully it will NOT require Civ5 to be on my steam account, as due to college I'm not getting it until mid December.

Civ Addicts Anonymous?
:p

I believe that is the 2K Games promotion where they are donating $250,000 to a number of educational foundations in place of marketing the game more. I think they said that when you register your copy of ciV, you can vote on which educational foundation you think deserves the money.

You don't have to donate any money. They will tally up the percentages from the votes and divide the money between the educational foundations accordingly.

anyone heard what charities other than "educational"? i hope they are not all northamerican based

If so then I'll feel bad about NOT buying Civ5 until Winter. Well, almost.

All it really means is that you won't be able to vote for which educational foundation you think deserves the $$$. The money will still get distributed.

Unless this $250,000 will be donated slowly over a certain time period. Then you will likely still get your say on where you want the money to go.

So, it's all good.

Top Bottom