Civ5 Game Days

Meateater

Warlord
I wanted to make a post to see if we can get some good multiplayer games going! I have had some good games and not so good games, but lets see what happens here!
Post up your game information about what you are looking for to see if you can get a game going.

So I'll start with a game on 11/05/10 Friday at say 8:00pm pst USA. Quick, pangea,all victories, 6player hopefully!
I use high speed internet and have good pc specs

If you want to play, im on the west coast and would want players in the same region/comp specs and connect speed to game with. It will be a full game with reloads so plan on a longer game 4 plus hours maybe. Are you game? Post Up!

I'll be hosting a quick game at 1:30pm pst. Game name is USA WEST, screen name is Vr_hyper, some of you may of played with me before!

More mp games you play more people can be in your friends list if you ask their steam name account. With a nice list you will be able to call them if they are online and are not playing a game. This mp section has very few viewers you will get hard times to make a game with only posts. Oh and i'm working right now i can't play...:mischief:

I just recently started using civplayers.com

That is probably the best place to find other players to play with.

if you post or times UTC i may come as well, i am often online in civplayers.com league chat

Yes without a global lobby or games list, please come and use the Civplayers Steam chat lobby to find games. It's not the perfect solution but until mods are enabled and we can mod a lobby ourselves it is the next best thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

CS

This topic is just ridiculous and the best proof how bad is the civ V multiplayer. This is a year 2010 just to remind you.

This topic is just ridiculous and the best proof how bad is the civ V multiplayer. This is a year 2010 just to remind you.

I'm certainly not saying that MP is in good shape, it has alot of work to be done on it and we are certainly all MP beta testers right now.

But given that we can do two things:

1. Abandon Civ MP and come back when it is patched and working, and hope we can rebuild the MP community; or

2. Try and keep the community alive while we wait for the game to get patched and in the mean time have a core community to build on when MP is patched.

Myself I chose 2, no to mention that even with the issues I have had some very fun and exciting 4 player games since civ5 was released.

CS

I wanted to comment on the game I played last saturday. The problom was we never get a full game out of everyone, and it will normally come down to just two. One guy will build all wonders and have no military, so when a few troops hit their borders the quit. Someother guy will use this as there own practice time and quit when they want to. The AI is not the best but if u play on harder difficuties its more challanging.

It would be nice to have all the players playing to win and not just one or two! So that is why I tried this on here, to get some serious players to play against.
Today is monday here and I am looking for a game the thursday around 7:30 pst.

I lost the last MP game that ended in a dip vic for the winner, they controled all the city states!

Question: If you quit a game and you're not the host,can you save that game and restart it at a different time? Or do you have to be the host to do this?

thats why only team vs team has a meaning

ffa is a meaningless system, it cant work

These human nature issues is exactly why we created Civplayers leagues back when Civ3PTW came out, and why it still exists today. We have rules that dictate how we play and the most important one is that we don't quit. Since as you have seen in open games, players have no incentive not to quit when they are being attacked and are completely unprepared.

The league gives players and incentive to not quit and finish games even if they are losing.

So in the league ffa/ctons are popular games, though teamers are popular and fun as well.

CS

I am not sure if the game is saved to all players pcs or just the host. I would think that it is saved to all playing just like if you were in single player.

I have played some 3 vs 3 team games that were fun and team oriented, north vs south but still a random disconect here and there.

I will have to check out Civplayers leagues and see if its for me, it sounds interesting and true.
A game will for sure meen more if your name and reputation are posted up.

These human nature issues is exactly why we created Civplayers leagues back when Civ3PTW came out, and why it still exists today. We have rules that dictate how we play and the most important one is that we don't quit. Since as you have seen in open games, players have no incentive not to quit when they are being attacked and are completely unprepared.

The league gives players and incentive to not quit and finish games even if they are losing.

So in the league ffa/ctons are popular games, though teamers are popular and fun as well.

CS

quitting is not the only problem

you can assume a quit to be a victory so its not a big deal after all

there is a FFA with 4 players wher A is close to B and C close to D
if A is a total noob the game is screwed cause B will get a hug boost and mess with the result

it doesnt matter at that point which one is stronger between B, C and D unless someone is really so much skilled than others and maybe with a good start too

in a team if A is weak, the result is correct team A+B is weaker than C+D and so the second team DESERVES to win

quitting is not the only problem

you can assume a quit to be a victory so its not a big deal after all

there is a FFA with 4 players wher A is close to B and C close to D
if A is a total noob the game is screwed cause B will get a hug boost and mess with the result

it doesnt matter at that point which one is stronger between B, C and D unless someone is really so much skilled than others and maybe with a good start too

in a team if A is weak, the result is correct team A+B is weaker than C+D and so the second team DESERVES to win

Yes but the point of CivPlayers is not to award wins from quiters but to prevent quiting in the first place, using rules, peer presure, statistics etc. That way games finish and are their for alot more fun for everyone.

As to your FFA complaints that is just the risk everyone takes when they entire a FFA, we tend to use equal start maps so that at least starting location is not a factor, but who is close to you is just part of the game, some times it works for you sometimes against you but over many games those odds are going to even out.

But that is why some players prefer teamers and that is fine, we don't tell people what to play or what settings to use.

CS

Question: If you quit a game and you're not the host,can you save that game and restart it at a different time? Or do you have to be the host to do this?

I beleive so, but you can not launch a MP game with out all the MP slots being filled.

CS

Yes but the point of CivPlayers is not to award wins from quiters but to prevent quiting in the first place, using rules, peer presure, statistics etc. That way games finish and are their for alot more fun for everyone.

well thats good but sometimes is not necessary

i mean what fun is to play a REALLY lost game?
sometimes quits are just ragings, but often they are just bad plays who ended in a sure defeat

its like chess, what fun is to play when you have a queen and a rook advantage?
forcing the opponent not to surrender in such situation wouldnt increase the fun, imo

But that is why some players prefer teamers and that is fine, we don't tell people what to play or what settings to use.

CS

i dont tell ppl what to play
but i do tell what is good and bad
i mean if you like basket you can play 5 v5 or 2v2 or even 1 v1
but if you say you play basket 25 v25 i say its stupid
you can still play basket 25 v25 but im allowed to criticize it

Top Bottom