1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5: German Modern Armor: Leopard 1A3 (6 Skins)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by snafusmith, Nov 16, 2012.

1. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

The download includes skins for 6 nations, Australia, Canada, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, and Turkey (make sure the texture file is called Leopard1A3.dds).

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
    -Smitty

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

great, nice to see your modern units coming in Civ5 ! :goodjob:

combined with JTitan and bernie14 last units, seems that a new update of R.E.D. is required :D

3. Jonarus_Drakus

Jonarus_Drakus Chieftain

4. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

You're right! I can't believe I didn't catch that!

I also noticed tonight that the .fxsxml file included had some errors - please re-download, I've fixed it. It needs to reference the tank animations, not those for the modern armor.

5. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

Is the same method used to change textures with these as the Challenger II's? I tried what you told me, and my game just crashed. I want to be more specific in saying I want to bring the Canadian tank texture into the game, can you make a step by step tutorial on changing the texture? It would be much appreciated.

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

see this one : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=392773

7. Bergerperson

Yes, I'm on a Mac, I can't run exe files. And to add to all of it, I honestly don't understand anything of that, I'm no computer programmer.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I wasn't too before I start modding a while back :D

But, yes, if you're on Mac, I can't help you, I have no idea of what kind of tools you could use.

If you just want the units, they are individually set in latest version of R.E.D. Modpack (except Australia and Canada) see the "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 23)\Units\_Generic\Modern Armors\Leopard 1A3" folder once installed.

9. Bergerperson

How would that work. You may have not known a lot about modding, but I know next to nothing. The most I know is changing textures for a personal game, that's it. You're going to have to explain more on this. I downloaded the RED Modpack, found the modern armour folder... Now what? Honestly, all I know about modding is basically how to do

And sticking files related to it in my game folder.

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

what do you want to do exactly ?

11. Bergerperson

Have the default Leopard LA3 change to the Canadian tank.

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ho, ok, seen your question in the Challenger II thread. Should work exactly the same, rename the texture you want to use to "Leopard 1A3.dds"

13. Bergerperson

I'll give it a try. I'll edit this post with the results.

EDIT: I give up on life. This EXACT same procedure crashed my game with the Challenger II, but not this one. I'm just going to stick with my medieval history major and my philosophy minor and stay out of actual modding.

14. Bergerperson

Ok, so I have just started to play Civilization V again a few weeks ago and I've come across an odd... glitch (?) with this download. What I have is that having my modern armour units the Canadian skin, but I'm getting the Turkish skin.

My texture path is,

Spoiler :

and I'm still getting the Turkish skin. I have double checked that the Leopard 1A3.dds is the Canadian .dds file. I also have made separate folders for all of the skins, so there would be a folder for the Turkish, German, Australian, etc. ones. Does anyone know what exactly the problem is?

I know of a way to fix it, and that's having just the Canadian textures in the moder armour folder, but for the sake of changing the texture quick, I put all the files in the folder (separated by their files as well, Turkish textures are in the Turkey file, same for Germany, Australia, etc.)

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

do you have import properties for the other files ?

16. Bergerperson

By that you mean?

I have the other files on separate paths (LIke Australia in the "Australia" file), but I'm importing the files from the "Canada" file. You're going to have to elaborate more on what you mean.

17. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

@ Bergerperson, are you trying to use more than one skin in your mod? If so you'll need to use nexusbuddy to make more gr2 files specific to the skins you're interested in. This is one of the early civ5 units I made, and I wasn't smart enough to post a unique gr2 file for each texture.

18. Bergerperson

Ok, that explains it. Thanks there. And one thing, you said to rename the desired with without spaces, I just get a checker-box graphic when I do that, by keeping the space, get the actual texture.