Civ5 is slow, but my computer apparently is NOT

Sporally

Prince
Hi

I've started wondering why is Civ5 game is often getting slow from the mid-game onwards. In my current game I'm playing a standard map with 8 civs in total (now only 6 left). One of the civs is Assyria, so I imagine there are a lot of units in the game.

The thing is my game is EXTREMELY lagging when switching between my units, when choosing production, when moving my citizens around and so on. I jumped out to Windows and let the Windows job list (or whatever it is called) run in the background. Surprisingly, my laptop didn't seem to have a problem running the game (se my attached screenshot of the performance it achieved while i was playing the game).

If my CPU, memory and disc drive is running with less than 100 %, why is my Civ game slow on my own turns? Is it my graphic card that might have a problem?

Interestingly enough, when scrolling around, zooming, open city screen and so on it works instantly. When it is the AIs turn the game runs quite well too. It's only really a problem on my own turns :confused:

Furthermore, it's worth to mention that, in my experience, the issue occurs quite instantly. On turn 150 it can run perfect while on turn 170 I begin getting big lags. This time around (my current game) it happened around turn 160. Sometimes I can easily play turn 200 without any problems, so I expect it to something inflicted by the total unit count among other things.

Attachments

• Performance.jpg
    Performance.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 316
Has anyone else expierenced this and have some contributing words to this issue?

What computer specifics are you running with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom