Civ5 Mod Checker (Version 1, XML only)

j_mie6

Deity
The Civ5 Mod Checker is a Java program developed by me to check your mods for errors without having to look in-game, therefore saving time!

In this version it can only handle checking xml, and sql will be ignored. In order to remove the warnings the program will give you about using game objects defined in sql, you can write scripts to exclude the ones you have checked for sure (see the help menu in the script editor, after clicking change next to the script field!)

The following features are present in the utility:
  • Loads the Base Game XML and then the mod of your choice, and checks to see that all objects referenced have already been defined somewhere in the mod or the game.
  • Checks to see that you have included components that are required by Lua (and otherwise cause silent errors).
  • Built in scripting language to filter out areas of your mod from checks. (optional, you can ignore this is you want to)
  • Loads and caches the Base Game data in RegisterCache.SC so that after using the program for the first time, it runs considerably faster.
  • Ability to set dependencies for mods, so that mods that your mod is built on are loaded into the program first.
  • Script editor with built in syntax highlighting!
  • Program uses the windows registry to detect your modbuddy folder and your civ install folder, so you don't have to!

Note; please put the program into an area which is safe to edit (like your documents), as to stop UAC from blocking the programs files. The program will create Civ5ModXMLCheckerData.sqlite and RegisterCache.SC in the folder where you leave it, deleting these files will not harm the program but it will create new ones the next time it is run!

Requires Java Runtime 8 (jre8)

Download Version 1.0.1 (xml only) here!

Change List
  • Fixed bug that prevents loading the window (p.s. why didn't anybody tell me sooner!?), program should work now!

Images below!
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ5 Mod XML Checker Main Interface.png
    Civ5 Mod XML Checker Main Interface.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,357
  • Civ5 Mod XML Checker During Runtime.png
    Civ5 Mod XML Checker During Runtime.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,226
  • Civ5 Mod XML Checker Script Editor.png
    Civ5 Mod XML Checker Script Editor.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Civ5 Mod XML Checker Dependency Linker.png
    Civ5 Mod XML Checker Dependency Linker.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,183
Please post your comments/questions/bugs here! And if you need any help with the program, do not hesitate to ask!

I try to run it and I get the error message, "A Java Exception has occurred."

Wrong version of Java. Trying again...

Ok, it did it's thing. But what did it do? :)

Ya, I got no window or anything, it just created the sqlite file and that was it...

Well, I have a feeling I know what the problem is, and I think I fixed it... The fact that the config settings were created but the window was not implies that it can't find something (like a directory) that it needs to display on the program window, and so it dies, because it appears I never made a failsafe :rolleyes: I will release a patch tonight, when I get home

Top Bottom