Civ5 Multiplayer Question (Online Mac User vs. Online Mac Users)

Mattygerst

Prince
Hello,

I am a long-time Civ player and have been a member of CivFanatics for quite some time, but am new to Civ5 on Mac. I am a little bit confused and would like some help if possible.

My question is concerning multiplayer for Civ5. I know that we cannot play vs PC users, but I am not concerned with that. What I am concerned with...is I am not seeing how I can play vs fellow Mac users?? Earlier tonight for the FIRST TIME (I've had the game for 9 months and used it off and on), I was able to click "Multiplayer", then "Internet" and saw a game in what I assume was the lobby. I actually played for a bit until the other two players quit. I then went back and the lobby was empty, again. It has ALWAYS been empty. I have NEVER seen a game to connect to via "Multiplayer" --> "Internet" before, nor since. Am I missing something? How do we find multiplayer games vs. other Mac users? I'm quite frustrated and really am desperate for some answers as I have some time to play and would like to play online.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated...and being new to Steam and Civ5 as well as Macs...maybe even some instructions as to what I need to do to find multiplayer games?

Help!!! And..Thank you to anyone that helps!!
Matt

Here is the reply I sent when I received this as a PM:

I suspect you are simply seeing the reality, that there are not many Mac Civ5 players, and very few of those are interested in multiplayer. Also, remember that this is an international community. While US players may be a majority, every is not in your time zone.

The problem is that this is a vicious circle. If players like you log on, and find no one in the lobby, some of them will give up trying. That reduces the chances of finding anyone in the lobby ... and so on.

I recommend that you post in the sticky in the Mac forum and try to arrange specific times when other players can be online.

Top Bottom