Civ5: New patch, new BNW video, new Q&A

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

Again an interesting day for the Civ5 players!
A new patch has been released, which besides fixing some annoying bugs also introduces all missing multiplayer elements, like Pitboss and sequential turns (read more here or here)!
zacminor brought us also a new video from Rev3Games, and 2K has also released a new Q&A session.
So lots of explore today. Hope you have fun :).

Update seems brilliant for multiplayer.

Option appeared to save game configuation, meaning i can start a pre- set up hotseat game with random civs.:cool:

Shame I only found this out as auto update killed my hot seat game last night. :notcool:

can't bring myself to start a solo game until BNW now...

It would be nice if scenarios could be played in multi-player. I would like to play some Smokey Skies with my son!

It would be nice if scenarios could be played in multi-player. I would like to play some Smokey Skies with my son!

Indeed. Multiplayer is perfect for focused scenarios. I used to play Civ IV Crossroads of the World multiplayer - no setup, focused pre-defined goals for victory - it was much more appropriate for a multiplayer game than ancient start to science victory.

Very happy with the patch. It immediately made my ongoing saved game much faster between turns - so fast that I thought something was wrong to start with! I noticed the better railroad detail straight away. Something a bit odd happened - on one turn the pointer stayed as the 'busy' icon but it still worked fine. Then it went back to normal. :goodjob:

I noticed an extra update today. And now...the turns are back to slow (normal) again! :confused: What's going on?

The fast turn times were actually part of a bug, and what you got was a hotfix for that bug. So sorry, back to normal :/.

Oh well! It was nice while it lasted ;)

Cant moan too much anyway - my saved game is still working (near the end) and I need to finish it before BNW arrives!

Top Bottom