1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 patch released (1.0.3.276)!

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Camikaze, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

A patch has been released for Civ5. It should automatically download when you open Steam. The patch notes are as follows:
    Discuss the patch in our Civ5 General Discussions forum >>> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=537043

2. cinattra

cinattra Chieftain

I'm pretty sure I will be playing both Civ5 and Beyond today! Thank you guys for listening to the players. This is my favorite game of all time since forever.

3. Cvv

Cvv Chieftain

Really?! Is this all we can dream about? Civ 5 is still slow as hell on large maps (2min+ on full WWII scenario), you still can do two units conquer of the world (great AI), you still need to answer dumb trade messages every turn, etc etc etc...
    Yep, mods&hands, month of time can fix most of problems, but this is not Firaxis who we thank.
    Dream is most high quality mods (culture diffusion, infoaddict, AI improvements, more correct policy tree) hardcoded in native dll, with turns on huge maps about seconds. Yep that is...

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Wow. I remember this bug from Civ II...

5. kattana

kattana Chieftain

you should try BE.. man.. its even worse :mad:

6. cinattra

cinattra Chieftain

And despite all of Civs problems it is still the best game out there. And as far as BE goes I love it too.

7. Cvv

Cvv Chieftain

Sorry, coudn't resist to answer :)
    Cmon man, Alpha Centauri is still best civ game ;)

8. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Chieftain

I am not sure I like the way they fixed the science overflow exploit. First, it will still work up to 5 turns of science which is nothing to sneeze at. Second, you might legitimately have 5 turns of science available as an overflow if you are maximizing research agreements, and in my experience the game will sometimes automatically finish the cheapest available tech for you, potentially wasting legitimate beakers. I wouldn't have a problem with this if they would make sure you can always select which tech overflow beakers are used on, but this is not the case.