1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 Playthrough Highlights Gameplay

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Ginger_Ale, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Those of you considering buying Civ5 (or waiting a few more days for the European release!) may be interested in reading a lengthy, currently ongoing report of a game played by forum member lemmy101. In particular, if you are hungering for some screenshots, this playthrough will help to satisfy your craving. (Considering it already has 40,000+ views, a lot of people have that same curiosity!)

The game is being played as Babylon on a world map (although the starting location was in North America), and along the way, there is plenty of commentary and discussion of the new features in Civ5. For fanatics who remember the release of Civ4, while the style is somewhat different from that of Sullla's Walkthrough, it should serve some of the same purpose.

>> Read the full game report!

2. DarkTempla

DarkTempla Chieftain

Well done for putting this one the news page!

Lemmy's story is not only very insightfull for those of us who were not able to play the real game yet, or had any concerns about various features, but also, I tell you, HIGHLY entertaining! :)

3. bossconian

bossconian Warlord

Yes - playing with broken, dumb as a monkey AI is fun as hell...... But yes - you are meant to win - otherwise your experience would be negative and you would not buy the product again!

4. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

Well, with the one major difference that Lemmy's thread is hilarious as hell because he has no idea what he's doing. Which makes it pretty different from the Walkthrough tutorial I wrote five years ago. :lol:

5. OzWiz

OzWiz Chieftain

Lemmy's story is a fun yarn that really shows the flavour of Civ V .... thanks Lemmy.

And Hey Sulla!

The first walkthrough I read was your Civ IV one ... awesome. So ..... when can we expect a Sulla-Civ-V chronicle?

6. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

I'd want it :)

7. MrFixxiT

MrFixxiT Chieftain

Give us some more for Civ V Sulla!

I will read this hilarious piece soon too.

8. OzWiz

OzWiz Chieftain