Civ5: Russian Modern Armor: T-55 (9 Skins)

snafusmith

Unit Maker
The T-54 and T-55 tanks are a series of main battle tanks originally conceived as medium tanks that were designed in the Soviet Union. The first T-54 prototype appeared in March 1945, just as the Second World War ended. The T-54 entered full production in 1947 and became the main tank for armored units of the Soviet Army, armies of the Warsaw Pact countries, and others. T-54s and T-55s were involved in many of the world's armed conflicts during the late 20th and early 21st century.
The T-54/55 series eventually became the most-produced tank in history. Estimated production numbers for the series range from 86,000 to 100,000. They were replaced by the T-62, T-64, T-72, T-80, and T-90 in the Soviet and Russian Armies, but remain in use by up to 50 other armies worldwide, some having received sophisticated retrofitting.
- Wikipedia

To use the T-55, copy the folder of the skin you want to use into your mod, but make sure you add the 'T55SREF.dds' file as well!

Only one copy of of the 'T55SREF.dds' file is needed for your mod.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Nice work Snafusmith another quality unit.

I was wondering why an edited anim state was needed? Did the normal tank anim states not work? The reason I ask this is I am not able to get units to animate in game but they will animate in nexus viewer when using the Civ5 tank template (not the darnel one).

Nice work Snafusmith another quality unit.

I was wondering why an edited anim state was needed? Did the normal tank anim states not work? The reason I ask this is I am not able to get units to animate in game but they will animate in nexus viewer when using the Civ5 tank template (not the darnel one).

Thanks. I used danrell's template to make the unit, hence the edited anim states. So long as you have those placed properly, it should work fine in game. I haven't converted over to using the new templates yet for tanks.

Can you do the Astute Class attack submarine now? Pretty please? Here's a kitten.

Great work snafusmith, nice details on those models/skins again :)

Snafusmith will you consider including the texture template files so that the textures can be made to resemble other nations as well by community members ? I'd like to see community made textures for Iran/North Korea with these T-55/Type-59.

Good work on the T-55. The Chinese and Iraqi versions are the Type-59 versions though.

Thanks for the correction - you're right that the Chinese and Iraqi versions are Type-59s. I don't plan to release the template textures for my units. It's more laziness than anything; the files are large and I don't have the time to find a good spot to upload them.

No subs from me anytime either (thanks for the kitten though!), I tend to feel that the subs are so small in game that most folks wouldn't notice the difference. Haven't decided what to make next yet though.

Love the tank. It's one of the best models I've ever seen and it's so fitting!

Could you make a T-90MS Tagil perhaps?

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t90ms_tagil.htm

The T-90 series is a very commercially successful and effective line of modern MBT's and could be given to a lot of civ's who use Russian hardware.

Or maybe the amazing:

Polish Anders Light Tank
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/anders.htm

It's been currently manufactured for the Polish military with added new generation reactive armoring.

And you can use it for the entire Polish army!

It's a new generation platform. A light tank with an auto loading 120mm main cannon/AA gun/artillery you name it. It can be outfitted for any situation AND at the same times be used to carry troops inside.

I'd really love to see a lot more European hardware. Especially the most technologically advanced stuff.

Even the MI 24 went in to the brand new Super Hind stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6j1MjXKMZo

Come get some Apache! xD

Top Bottom