Civ5: Soviet APC: BTR-152 (6 Skins)

snafusmith

Unit Maker
The BTR-152 (also known as BTR-140) was a non-amphibious Soviet wheeled armored personnel carrier (BTR stands for Bronetransporter (БТР, Бронетранспортер, literally "armoured transporter")) that entered Soviet service in 1950. By the early 1970s it had been replaced in the infantry vehicle role by the BTR-60. However, it remained in service in the Soviet Army and the Russian Army until 1993 in a variety of other roles. It was also exported to many third World countries.
-Wikipedia

The download includes 6 skins, Soviet Union, Egypt, and 4 team color: Green Brown, Jungle, and Desert.

To use the BTR152, copy the folder of the skin you want to use into your mod, but make sure you add the 'BTR152SREF.dds' file as well!

Only one copy of the 'BTR152SREF.dds' file is needed for your mod.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Great update I was wondering when you would finally finish the Civ4 BTR-152 for release. Will you release the CV9040 or perhaps create more BTR variants (BTR-40/60/70/90)?

Also could you include textures without teamcolors ?

Yes to the CV90 and BTR60/70/80 family of vehicles (eventually). I always omit team color for the country specific skins, but have been including it for the ones I just make up. It's easy to remove the alpha layers you don't want it to show.

Nice unit Sanfusmith,

do you plan a western variant as well? an Humvee perhaps.

Or an LAV III, come on, let Canada have a little representation with their own unit.

But that wasn't historically used a lot. Most Allied countries opted for the Sherman. The LAV III has been used widespread, mainly in Afghanistan. PLUS!!! Making the unit will add a lot of modern diversity to the Iroquois in R.E.D.

RAM Tank
Wikipedia said:
Due to standardization on the American Sherman tank for frontline units, it was used exclusively for training purposes and was never used in combat as a gun tank.

LAV III
Wikipedia said:
It was developed in Canada and is the primary mechanized infantry vehicle of the Canadian Army and the New Zealand Army.[1]

Snafusmith, since you did the Eurofighter conversion, want to complete the group as well with the Eurocopter?

Snafusmith could you convert the artillery units you did for Civ4 ? they were great :)

Top Bottom