Civ5: UK Modern Armor: Challenger II

snafusmith

Unit Maker
FV4034 Challenger 2 is a British main battle tank (MBT) currently in service with the armies of the United Kingdom and Oman. It was designed and built by the British company Vickers Defence Systems (now known as BAE Systems Land and Armaments). The manufacturer advertises it as the world's most reliable main battle tank.[2] As of January 2011, only two Challenger 2s have been damaged in combat, and one destroyed by another Challenger 2 in a friendly fire incident.

Challenger 2 is an extensive redesign from Challenger 1, the MBT from which it was developed. It uses the basic hull and automotive parts of its predecessor but all other components are new. Fewer than 5% of components are interchangeable. Challenger 2 has now replaced Challenger 1 in service with the British Army and is also used by the Royal Army of Oman. It has seen operational service in Bosnia, Kosovo and Iraq. During the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Challenger 2 tanks operating in the Gulf suffered no losses to enemy fire. - Wikipedia

The download includes 3 skins - Tan, Desert Camo, and Forest.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Definitely will be used.

Perfect representation for late war Motorized Infantry Divisions which extensively used GMC/Studebaker trucks.

As for early war, darnell already has a Gaz truck with an AA mount on it. All someone needs to do is remove the AA mount and the model is ready to go. Unfortunately that modification is well out of my current skill set :(

Thanks a lot for releasing new units. Really gets the motivation going to mod things further.

Can you tell me how to change the texture to the other two besides the forest one? I have successfully got the unit texture in the game, but I can't figure out how to use the other designs. I only see tan and desert.dds files, but don't I need an .fxsxml (?) file to change textures?

Can you tell me how to change the texture to the other two besides the forest one? I have successfully got the unit texture in the game, but I can't figure out how to use the other designs. I only see tan and desert.dds files, but don't I need an .fxsxml (?) file to change textures?

The texture the game will use needs to be 'Challenger II.dds." Take the texture you want, rename it and add it to the same folder as the original texture.

Ok, that would have been helpful in the read me. Danke Schun!

Top Bottom