1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5: US WW2 Half-track: M3 (7 Skins)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by snafusmith, May 27, 2013.

1. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

- Wikipedia

7 Skins are included, one each for Britain, green team color, green team color Africa, desert team color, desert team color African, Soviet Union and USA.

To use the M3A1 Halftrack, copy the folder of the skin you want to use into your mod, but make sure you add the 'M3A1HTSREF.dds' file as well!

Only one copy of 'M3A1HTSREF.dds' and 'fx_triggers_M3A1HT.ftsxml' files are needed for your mod.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
    -Smitty

Attached Files:

2. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

I am glad you made this snafusmith because I was planning at some stage to convert your older civ 4 model and these units you are making especially for civ 5 are a lot nicer than the ones I am converting from civ 4. I was planning on converting the Civ 4 FV510 Warrior next but please let me know if you are working on a fv510 and I won't work on a conversion as your new units are much better.

3. ww2commander

ww2commander Chieftain

Nice one Smitty :)

Any chance of a Russian Gaz truck at some stage? (on knees begging)

4. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Glad I got there before you. I'm slowly fixing my old civ4 units and getting them into civ5. If I were you I'd focus on other folks' creations. If you want, PM me and we can go over what we plan to make so there's less overlap.

Don't expect to see a GAZ truck anytime soon. Is there something a little more usable for others (tank, fighter, etc) that you might be able to use?

5. ww2commander

ww2commander Chieftain

That and some kind of bunker unit were the only two units holding back my scenario so it was a bit of a selfish request. However, I am sure some additions to the artillery line might be welcomed by our ww2 enthusiasts.

Also, a Romanian IAR 80 is another suggestion.

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

Nicely done. :goodjob:

7. GreatHouses

GreatHouses Chieftain

How about a Sukhoi T-50 Pak Fa , Chengdu J-20 , and Chengdu J-31 or a Chengdu J-10B ?

Btw great work. How about perhaps an Israeli M3 Half-track texture ?

8. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

Some ski infantry (alpin troops) would be nice as well.

A Nimitz class carrier as well :)

9. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

When I get a moment (w/in a couple days probably) I'll definitely be able to post an Israeli version of the M3 halftrack. Upcoming is the F-4 Phantom and Nimitz Class carrier.

10. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

:) great I can't wait for them :eekdance:

11. GreatHouses

GreatHouses Chieftain

Are you going to include various versions of the F-4 for Israel , Iran , Germany , Turkey , Egypt , US , Japan , South Korea , UK ? for the F-4 Phantom II ?

Looking forward to the Nimitz and F-4.

12. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Yes. Skins are already done for Germany, Egypt, US (3 versions), Japan, South Korea, and UK. I've got Israel, Iran and Turkey started and the research done for Greece. It's also in two versions - the long nose and more blunt one. It's a busy week but I hope to have the out sometime this weekend.

13. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I'm going to use this unit in a small mod I'm making (as a break from my fantasy mod) that improves some aspects of BNW (in this case it adds more Recon units so the Scout can be upgraded). But creating art defines is hard for me, so can someone post the code that creates them for this unit, or point me to a mod where it's used?

14. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

PawelS I use this unit in my mod for the mechanized infantry.

I could extract the artdefine for you if you need it.

15. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

here is the code I use :

Spoiler :
    Code:
    -- Insert SQL Rules Here 

-- ******************************************************************************
    -- TABLE from Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml : "ArtDefine_UnitInfos" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_XXXXXXX',Damage state, 'Formation');
    --  Damage state must be a number, put '' if no formation
    -- ******************************************************************************
    --INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type,								DamageStates,					Formation)

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type, DamageStates, Formation) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',			1,'MotorizedInfantry');
    -- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos (UnitInfoType, UnitMemberInfoType, NumMembers) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',	'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',1);

-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats from Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml 

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats (UnitMemberType,						EnableActions,			DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius,	ChargeRadius,	AttackRadius,	RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate,	ShortMoveRate,	TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin,TurnFacingRateMax,RollRateMin,RollRateMax,PitchRateMin,PitchRateMax,LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack,HasLeftRightAttack,HasStationaryMelee,HasStationaryRangedAttack,HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat,HasIndependentWeaponFacing,HasOpponentTracking,HasCollisionAttack,AttackAltitude,AltitudeDecelerationDistance,OnlyTurnInMovementActions,RushAttackFormation)
    								VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady','',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,1,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'');																				   

-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos from Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',			0.12,				NULL,		'',		'M3A1HTGreenTC.fxsxml',			'CLOTH',			'METALSM');

-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons from Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons (UnitMemberType, "Index", SubIndex,	ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
    								VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BULLETHC','BULLETHC');

16. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Thanks!

17. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I still have problems with this unit - it appears in the game vertically instead of horizontally (see picture). It looks quite funny, but it's not what I wanted :) Anyone has an idea what might be causing this? Here is the code I use, which is Hulfgar's code with some changes:

Code:
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type, DamageStates, Formation) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_EOM_HALFTRACK',1,'Vehicle');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos (UnitInfoType, UnitMemberInfoType, NumMembers) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_EOM_HALFTRACK','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK',3);

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats (UnitMemberType, EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation)
    								  VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady','',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,1,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'');																				   

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK',0.12,NULL,'','M3A1HTUSA.fxsxml','METAL','METALSM');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons (UnitMemberType, "Index", SubIndex,	ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
    								VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BULLETHC','BULLETHC');

Attached Files:

18. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

PawelS - you need to use the edited animations from Danrell, then everything should work just fine.

19. Johnen

Johnen Chieftain

These are some extremely fitting fantastic units!

20. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I did it and it works great now, thanks again :)