Civ5: US WW2 Half-track: M3 (7 Skins)

snafusmith

Unit Maker
The Carrier, Personnel Half-track M3 was an armored vehicle used by the United States, the British Empire and the other Allies during World War II and the Cold War. Nearly 43,000 were produced, and supplied to the U.S. Army and Marines, as well as British Commonwealth and Soviet Red Army forces, serving on all fronts throughout the war.
- Wikipedia

7 Skins are included, one each for Britain, green team color, green team color Africa, desert team color, desert team color African, Soviet Union and USA.

To use the M3A1 Halftrack, copy the folder of the skin you want to use into your mod, but make sure you add the 'M3A1HTSREF.dds' file as well!

Only one copy of 'M3A1HTSREF.dds' and 'fx_triggers_M3A1HT.ftsxml' files are needed for your mod.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Attachments

• M3A1HTPreview.jpg
    M3A1HTPreview.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 6,882
I am glad you made this snafusmith because I was planning at some stage to convert your older civ 4 model and these units you are making especially for civ 5 are a lot nicer than the ones I am converting from civ 4. I was planning on converting the Civ 4 FV510 Warrior next but please let me know if you are working on a fv510 and I won't work on a conversion as your new units are much better.

Nice one Smitty :)

Any chance of a Russian Gaz truck at some stage? (on knees begging)

I am glad you made this snafusmith because I was planning at some stage to convert your older civ 4 model and these units you are making especially for civ 5 are a lot nicer than the ones I am converting from civ 4. I was planning on converting the Civ 4 FV510 Warrior next but please let me know if you are working on a fv510 and I won't work on a conversion as your new units are much better.

Glad I got there before you. I'm slowly fixing my old civ4 units and getting them into civ5. If I were you I'd focus on other folks' creations. If you want, PM me and we can go over what we plan to make so there's less overlap.

Any chance of a Russian Gaz truck at some stage? (on knees begging)

Don't expect to see a GAZ truck anytime soon. Is there something a little more usable for others (tank, fighter, etc) that you might be able to use?

Don't expect to see a GAZ truck anytime soon. Is there something a little more usable for others (tank, fighter, etc) that you might be able to use?

That and some kind of bunker unit were the only two units holding back my scenario so it was a bit of a selfish request. However, I am sure some additions to the artillery line might be welcomed by our ww2 enthusiasts.

Also, a Romanian IAR 80 is another suggestion.

Some ski infantry (alpin troops) would be nice as well.

A Nimitz class carrier as well :)

When I get a moment (w/in a couple days probably) I'll definitely be able to post an Israeli version of the M3 halftrack. Upcoming is the F-4 Phantom and Nimitz Class carrier.

Are you going to include various versions of the F-4 for Israel , Iran , Germany , Turkey , Egypt , US , Japan , South Korea , UK ? for the F-4 Phantom II ?

Yes. Skins are already done for Germany, Egypt, US (3 versions), Japan, South Korea, and UK. I've got Israel, Iran and Turkey started and the research done for Greece. It's also in two versions - the long nose and more blunt one. It's a busy week but I hope to have the out sometime this weekend.

I'm going to use this unit in a small mod I'm making (as a break from my fantasy mod) that improves some aspects of BNW (in this case it adds more Recon units so the Scout can be upgraded). But creating art defines is hard for me, so can someone post the code that creates them for this unit, or point me to a mod where it's used?

PawelS I use this unit in my mod for the mechanized infantry.

I could extract the artdefine for you if you need it.

here is the code I use :

Spoiler :
Code:
-- Insert SQL Rules Here 

-- ******************************************************************************
-- TABLE from Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml : "ArtDefine_UnitInfos" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_XXXXXXX',Damage state, 'Formation');
--  Damage state must be a number, put '' if no formation
-- ******************************************************************************
--INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type,								DamageStates,					Formation)

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type, DamageStates, Formation) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',			1,'MotorizedInfantry');
-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos (UnitInfoType, UnitMemberInfoType, NumMembers) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',	'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',1);

-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats from Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml 

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats (UnitMemberType,						EnableActions,			DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius,	ChargeRadius,	AttackRadius,	RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate,	ShortMoveRate,	TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin,TurnFacingRateMax,RollRateMin,RollRateMax,PitchRateMin,PitchRateMax,LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack,HasLeftRightAttack,HasStationaryMelee,HasStationaryRangedAttack,HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat,HasIndependentWeaponFacing,HasOpponentTracking,HasCollisionAttack,AttackAltitude,AltitudeDecelerationDistance,OnlyTurnInMovementActions,RushAttackFormation)
								VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady','',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,1,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'');																				   

-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos from Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',			0.12,				NULL,		'',		'M3A1HTGreenTC.fxsxml',			'CLOTH',			'METALSM');

-- TABLE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons from Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons (UnitMemberType, "Index", SubIndex,	ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
								VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BULLETHC','BULLETHC');

I still have problems with this unit - it appears in the game vertically instead of horizontally (see picture). It looks quite funny, but it's not what I wanted :) Anyone has an idea what might be causing this? Here is the code I use, which is Hulfgar's code with some changes:

Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type, DamageStates, Formation) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_EOM_HALFTRACK',1,'Vehicle');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos (UnitInfoType, UnitMemberInfoType, NumMembers) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_EOM_HALFTRACK','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK',3);

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats (UnitMemberType, EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation)
								  VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady','',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,1,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'');																				   

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK',0.12,NULL,'','M3A1HTUSA.fxsxml','METAL','METALSM');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons (UnitMemberType, "Index", SubIndex,	ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
								VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_EOM_HALFTRACK',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BULLETHC','BULLETHC');

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0016.jpg
    Civ5Screen0016.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 141
Top Bottom